PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I've been smoking aros since picking up the pipe four years ago. I'd like to try some non-stop, but can't stand the spicy additives (you know which ones), and I'd

Ike to try some mellow non - aros and spare myself some tongue burn for awhile. Recommendations, ladies and gents? Remember, none of those spicy blends.

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Haddo's Delight, Lane Ready-Rubbed, Dunhill MM965
Those are all very easy to smoke without getting bit. About the only way to screw them up is to pack way too tight.
Mac Baren Navy Flake is a great intro to flake, but a little easier to get bit.
Frog Morton Cellar is another that is easy to smoke as long as you let it dry a tad first.
Enjoy expanding your horizons!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
can't stand the spicy additives (you know which ones), and I'd Ike to try some mellow non - aros and spare myself some tongue burn for awhile.
A non-aromatic smoker in a position to recommend something suitable is unlikely to "know which ones" you're talking about. The ambiguity is likely to result in a disappointing recommendation.
In my book, you can't go wrong with RO's Fire Storm; but then again, some people will consider Kentucky spicy. That's not the adjective I would use.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nat Sherman 536 is an extra mild English blend with really refined flavor.

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
When I think of "spicy", Orientals and heavy doses of Perique come to mind. Are those what you meant?

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
C&D Pegasus. Rich, but not spicy.
Lane Ready-Rubbed. This has a light topping, but it's not considered an aromatic.
Lane 125th Anniversary. This is a good tasting, easy smoking natural blend, but it has a little perique in it. I don't consider it a spicy blend at all, but YMMV. If you find this objectionably spicy, avoid anything with even a whisper of perique in it.
Germain's Virginia & Cavendish. This would be the best place to start, but it's hard to get.

Dec 28, 2015
I agree that LTF would be a good starter. Also F&T cut Va plug and Rattrays Marlin Flake are really nice sweet Virginias in my opinion.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
If your getting tongue burn, your tobacco is to wet. Wet tobacco lit on fire equals steam . Hot steam on your tongue is not fun
https://youtu.be/kDOaBcHdrF8

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Much thanks, gents. I wish I could afford all the recommendations, but at this time I chose is the Lane (hard to go wrong with Lang regardless). And I was thinking of perique, btw.), and a couple of others. Then to contradict myself, a tin of EMT. I'm going print this page out for future references. Thanks again1

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), not Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)?
I would suggest a nice heaping bowl of Royal Yacht, of course, since it has no actual Perique to my knowledge.
Another thing you might do is just load up a basic Burley and see how it smokes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.