PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
If you had to reserve a type of blend for this pipe would it be vaper, english, or aromatic? Another question, If you had to reserve it for one specific blend what would it be?
image5.jpeg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Ropp huh..I like the look of the horn stem.

My first impression is ribbon cut English blends. I'd put SPC Potlatch in there.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Well, I had my eye set on one of these Ropp's for a while.. I guess it'd be perfect for a flake.. Something rich and dark either Latakia flakes or VA flakes

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Thanks everyone. Question though. What about the white stem. Can I expect it to get dirty nasty as time goes by? Should I instead keep with a black stem? How do these white stems age? Should I expect it to be yellow in five years?

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
I'd definitely recommend an English blend. The walls look very thin and English blends tend to burn cooler. I have a pipe with very thin walls and it got a very small burn mark through the walls on the outside when I smoked a VA in it for the first smoke. Since then I've smoked only English blends in it and no problems.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I've been admiring those beauties, figured it would be great for a dedicated Irish Flake pipe
I would agree with the Irish Flake suggestion, or at least another Burley forward flake.
Regarding the stem, I would definitely go for the white because it's the contrast that makes the pipe. Besides, even if it discolors a bit it would still contrast well.

Status
Not open for further replies.