PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
Alright well I picked up a few extra hours at work recently and I was thinking about buying a new pipe but since I am still on a college budget I don't want to spend much more than 50-60$, which I know isn't much. My question for you guys is what brand do you think I should look at? I was thinking about getting a Pete but ideally I would like to get a stanwell. Anyone know of a place to get a featherweight for under 100$? Again I'm open to suggestions those are just a few ideas.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I'd be looking for an estate Stanwell. I have several and they've all been good smokes.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
I'm quite happy about my Parker London Briars. Rumors say they are Dunhills that didnt made it all the way. I don't know about that, but I like them.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Smoking pipes has a few Stanwell Featherweights up. I've been looking at those Tsuge pipes on sale at Smokingpipes. I don't actually own one so I'm not sure about the fit/finish of them but everytime I'm browsing SPC the price seems right.

Jul 12, 2011
SP has some Stanwells under $100, a featherweight sandblast

for $88 and a few very nice Vario models for around $83.
They also have a very very nice looking Golden Danish (29)

for $91.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
All brands mentioned above are good choices. You might want to save till you can get a pipe in the $100 range rather than $50. Quality should be better and it should last longer.
Also consider Boswell pipes. They post new pipes for sale next on 1-10-13 around 9:30 AM EST.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Rothnh, thanks for the heads-up on the Tsuge sale! I like the compact little sandblasted

bent brandy that seems just right for the short smokes between classes.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I have no idea if Bjarne pipes are any good, but P&C has them on sale for low prices:
http://pipesandcigars.com/bjarne.html
Can anyone comment on their quality?

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I was just looking at those Tsuge brandys. Very cool!
But I have a Radice apple coming tomorrow!

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
Thanks guys! I'll definitely look into those tsuges and I might consider a Boswell if I can find one in my range!

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
http://www.briarblues.com/fg019.htm

check this one out . There are many fabulous choices at Briarblues site . He is also a very knowledgable seller , and a pleasure to deal with . Estates are a great way to get a fabulous pipe for a fraction of the cost .

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
I picked up a Bjarne on P&C last week numbersix. I have a few older Bjarnes and love them. I saw the sale and one caught my eye so I pulled the trigger. It's a rusticated billiard in the Elsinore series. It's a good pipe so far, but I have only smoked two bowls in it. But I must say there is a slight but noticeable difference in fit and finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.