PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Picture below is what I could find that I have but never smoked. Won't get to it till Sunday night. most votes will be what I open. The Jar is Vermont Meat Candy FYI.
ec8fb751d85658c72408fd9f4ff55f32.jpg

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Haven't smoked any of them but the Hunter Blend tin appeals most to me, for what it's worth haha

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hunter Blend Labrador: A classic blend of smooth, fragrant Black Cavendish, mellow Burley and sweet Virginia, enhanced with a light caramel-hazelnut note. Rich and satisfying. Strength mild to medium. Flavor medium to strong.
3 Oaks: Rare Syrian Latakia, with its renowned mellow smokiness, is balanced with naturally sweet Orientals and aged Virginia leaf to create a satisfying blend reminiscent of classic Syrian Latakia blends of old. Formulated by Tad Gage to reflect the character of original Three Oaks Pipe Tobacco, it tantalizes with intriguing differences. Strength medium. Flavor extremely mild.
Legends: A generous portion of rich, top quality Cyprian Latakia provides support and structure for dark stoved and red Virginias deftly combined with Orientals, including Mahalla and the finest Drama. Reminiscent of the legendary, complex blends of times gone by, this smooth, deeply smoky ribbon cut blend created by Fred Hanna tastes at once bold and subtle. It is creamy with soft, quiet, background hints of plum and currant. Strength mild to medium. Flavor none.
Alamo: Alamo pipe tobacco brings to you the combination of mocha and nougat. The can note could be it's its own air freshener. Smoking this blend is cool and creamy.
Bull Run: Bull Run pipe tobacco is a blend of black and gold. Silky smooth with just a hint of Vanilla for your enjoyment as well as those around you. Born of some of the most sought after vanilla pipe tobacco in the world this is a must try if you’re a vanilla fan. Strength mild. Flavor mild.
Nutty Cut: A mixture of golden, red and dark Virginia tobaccos blended with Burley and Black Cavendish. Enhanced with flavourings of Macadamia nuts, coconut and rum. Strength mild to medium. Flavor mild to medium.
Vermont Meat Candy: Vermont Meat Candy combines two great flavors - maple and bacon. We start with a Cavendish that's been given a deep, sweet maple flavor and then we added dark Burley that's been fire-cured with hickory wood, which delivers the flavor and aroma of hardwood-smoked bacon. Just think about those Sunday mornings when you'd dip your bacon into the syrup from your pancakes and fell in love with the sweet, smoky and salty flavor. Now you can have that flavor without the calories or cholesterol! Strength mild to medium. Flavor medium.
Charlemagne: Aromatic blend of Burley, Virginia, and Black Cavendish. This extraordinary blend of Burley, Virginia and world famous Green River is the epitome of culture as exemplified by Charlemagne himself. Strength medium to strong. Flavor medium.
Bosphorus Cruise: Mixture of Oriental, Latakia, and Red Virginia. Strength mild to medium. Flavor extremely mild.
Kentucky Planter: Soft and aromatic blend of all AAA burleys. Prior to 1864, Red Burley was the type of Burley grown in Kentucky. The Civil War was raging and because of a scarcity of seed, George Webb purchased what was available. This new variety, White Burley, proved to be superior and forever changed smoking history. This soft and aromatic blend of all AAA Burleys is testimony to that fact. Strength mild. Flavor mild.
Good luck dervis.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I would go with Legends followed by 3 Oaks Syrian. Legends is awesome. I opened a tin from 2011 and it is amazing.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Labrador is one of my favorites so it's number one to me. My second choice would be the Kentucky, sound interesting.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
If I get to pick it, then I get to open it. PM me for my mailing address and you can send me the Nutty Cut. If I like it, I may reimburse you for the postage.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Mike,
I've gotten into the habit of buying two tins of each tobacco with a purchase; one to open immediately and one to store away and get back to anytime down the road. It's a bit cost heavy up front but my hope is it will save me some effort and cost down the road.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a tin of the Brigadier Black Alamo (Gettysburg too)and I have to say I kinda like it. I think it does need to dry a bit before loading your pipe though.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I'm with Mike, if those were all new blends for me they would have all been opened. I am like a little kid when I get a new blend in. Hell I have had a pipe going when UPS has arrived and I will dump a bowl too try something new if it does not need any drying time. Open am all and have at it I say.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Labrador is a good choice. I have enjoyed it. The other's I am not familiar with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.