What Sort of Pipe Accessories Do You Have?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I don't mean just tampers, but if there's something interesting about the tamper, tell us. As for me, I have a cool leather stand up leather pouch from Peterson than comfortably holds easily 1 1/2 oz of tobacco and is my constant companion, and another Peterson item, a one-pipe case with a compartment for tobacco and a second compartment for tamper, lighter, spare flints, that I keep my Savinelli straight apple in. The Case in turn, is kept in my book bag. It's a very handy item. I'm planning to build the ultimate accessory: a pipe cabinet.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I have three pipe cases:
1 savanelli as Sparrow described that holds one pipe, tobacco and a small place for tamper and cleaners.
A six pipe case which really comfortly holds 4 pipes and accessories
A the Smokin Holsters giant leather bag to hold up to sixteen pipes (i fit only 8 to be safe) for a longer trip.
Smokinholsters.com
Amazing case. I just love it, and I'm not an accessory kind of guy.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I love accessories and other pipe related ephemera. Boxes, sleeves, lighters, matches, cases, tampers, ashtrays, humidors. Books and pipe related paper including brochures, catalogs, magazines, mailers and newsletters are important to my collection. I am always looking for anything branded Castello and Dunhill. 8O

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
A pouch, two pipe lighters, pipe nails scattered around house, shop and in the various vehicles, a combination tool or six, eight gasket jars with various tobaccos, and a couple of racks and stands. Oh! And only God knows how many wind caps in vehicles, hidden under tools, forgotten in various coat, vest pockets and desk drawers. The usual collection of cleaners, 2 reamers, polishing clothes with the requisite assortment of waxes and liquids (most purchased and forgotten).
I'm sure there is other stuff I've long forgotten about.
Hacker's book! I almost forgot Hacker's book. Always fun to leaf through now and then.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
An IM Corona matte black Old Boy lighter

A Grey Peterson Old Boy lighter

A vintage tin of a blend called Private Stock

A honeydipper tamper that came with my Savinelli Miele pipe

A single pipe bag that also has a lined pouch for tobacco

A six pipe Peterson pipe bag that fits four comfortably as well as having a tobacco pouch an other areas for lighter/matches and pipe cleaners etc.

A couple of wind caps because here in Vegas it gets windy as hell in early spring and fall

I also have made my own bible out of Peterson's downloadable catalogue

I also decorate my pipe cabinet with empty tins of Peterson's yearly blend offerings. Right now the Special Reserves adorn the shelves.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
My Baccyflap is the only functional accessory I have of note aside from the standard pipe tools and a carrying case.
baccy1-600x450.jpg

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
a Mazpedition Beefy pouch which easily hold 3 pipes, 3 or 4 zip-loc's of tobacco and a couple of cigars. a small glass case with a pair of readers. a pack of Dill's pipe cleaners, spare czech tool, spare bic lighter, folding pipe stand, cigar cutter, spare card of allergy meds, alcohol pads, glass clearing pads, spare pack of hearing aid batteries. outside front mesh pocket cell phone, long bamboo tamper and a Leatherman Skeletool.
in the house, 3 pipe stands, a round pipe rack with the jar in the middle and a Sherlock cabinet I picked on craig's for $40. a coffee grinder for flakes and plugs, dremel with scotch bite pads for bowls, the usual assorted of pipe tools, lighters, tons of pipe cleaners, stem oil, micro mesh pads, etc. A lampe berger and I'm not sure what else.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Among other accessories, I have a beautiful leather Savenelli church warden pipe pouch my wife gave me

two Christmases ago, that holds two pipes in place with straps and has room for two or three more, plus

tobacco, tools, and matches. I have a one-pipe small pouch for pipe and tobacco, that to my mind is a little

too small. I have an improvised nylon toilet kit that serves as a pipe travel case. I have several Czech pipe

tools, a number of pipe nails which are my favorite for price and simplicity, ceramic bowls and dishes that

neatly contain ashes, burnt matches, and pipes. Baskets for pipes off the rack and small items like replaced

stems and stingers I have removed but saved, and filters. I have a pleasing willow tamper with a light wood

stub on the end for tamping and a more pointed, angled end for scooping. I've wanted to get a stainless steel

pipe tool pocket knife, but the pipe nails serve this purpose so well, I spend the money on tobacco instead.

One of my ceramic bowls (this was made by a potter) serves nicely for mixing small amounts of tobacco and

drying it. Mason jars of course. A one-pipe stand that serves as a batter's cage for next up to bat.

Aug 14, 2012
A handfull of pipe nails, a box of Bics, 2 Zippos, some cases, lots of racks and cabinets, lots of pipecleaners, a few ashtrays, 2 humidors for bulk and some thin brushes for clearing tobacco stuck in the draft hole. Forgot the reamer.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Dochudson said:

a coffee grinder for flakes and plugs
That must produce the finest cube cut possible!
The only interesting pipe accessory I have is a brass/bronze vessel that my wife picked up off etsy.com for my birthday. It works great as a single pipe stand. Unfortunately, I don't have any better pics than this:
meerschaum-sultan-1-600x337.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, from a mental inventory:
- Single pipe/tobacco pouch, my usual work travel bag

- Smokin Holsters Necessities bag (2 or 4 pipes)

- Smoking Holsters Ultimate Bag (6 or 12 pipes), for pipe show/club use. This one is really too big, but I picked it up cheap.

- I collect "Scottie" themed pipe stands and have about 20 of various materials (mostly Syroco or brass).

Status
Not open for further replies.