PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Ok I got the idea from an old episode of Family Guy where he gets a spot on the local news ranting and venting about thins that bug him. So I decided, everyone needs to vent sometimes, to get things off their chests so they don't blow up and go hostile. I guess this thread could be just that... If you have something to rant and rave about, or vent, or somethings just plain getting under your skin, post it here and tell us all why. After you get it out, perhaps you'll feel better and it won't bother you as much. Then you can just kick back, light up a pipe, and relax in peace. So....
You know what really grinds my gears? I was just outside a little while ago having a nice smoke and I see this guy walking by with his pants hanging halfway down to his knees showing the whole world what kind of boxers he was wearing. I can't stand that! I don't want to see what kind of underwear another man's wearing! I want to see that about as much as I want to see another man's plumbers crack... none! Every time I see that I REALLY want to say something. How can a man respect himself or expect others to respect him if he's walking around with his jeans down to his knees? Today I almost... ALMOST said dude get a freaking belt! But you know what? He was wearing a belt!!! What's the point in wearing a belt if it's not doing the job it was intended for? How can you be wearing a belt and still have your pants hanging down halfway to your knees? Did this person's mother and father never teach him how to dress? Do people that dress like that honestly think it makes them look cool? It doesn't make them look cool, it makes them look ignorant. It makes them look stupid and makes them look like they have the intelligence of an ant... a retarded ant.
And that today... is what really grinds my gears.
I feel better already :D

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
If I listed everything that irritates me about teenagers these days there would be no room for you guys to type. In fact people in general seem to be lacking in common sense more now than in anytime I can remember. Like Perique though I live out in the woods so I have to deal with impolite people much less than I used too.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
piperl12 said:

" ... people in general seem to be lacking in common

sense more now than in anytime I can remember."
Pulitzer Prize winning author and columnist George F. Will has said that ours is an age in which one cannot find common sense without a search warrant ...
The French writer and philosopher Voltaire remarked that common sense just isn't really so common.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
From what I hear they do the same thing in prison. Only if you wear your pants like that it means you are some ones _________ (pretty sure everyone can make up a word for that, only one I feel safe posting is material).

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
You know what really grinds my gears? People telling you something, then turn right around and don't back it up leaving you in front of the freaking bus tire. I was told two days ago that we could go off base here in Qatar while on DNIF coverage. Only be back before the crew that had to fly incase they needed some of us to fly in their place due to sudden sickness. Now the day before we pick up the vehicle to go off base, we get told no you can't go you're on DNIF coverage. You can go at 1900 (takes 45 mins to get to town, 1+ hour to find a shop that may be a legit pipe shop or cigar shop, then a 45 min drive back to base only to have to wait to have vehicle inspected at guard gate for a 1+ hour) you have to be back by 2200 by commanders order though. So I let out some steam and gripe about how stupid that is that we get told one thing now another. That pretty much screws the folks that were off that morning that was going off base, and screws another crew that wanted the van for that day also. And that folks really grinds my gears.
I think that made a feel a little better……. nope not today. Time to sleep some anger off, lol.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Pretty much folks saying yes you can do this you made a sound plan, then turning around and saying no you can't do this cause we are idiots and can't trust no body but ourself. Then in the process screwing over 3-10 other people. I planned to go buy a pipe if I could find one, and get stuff for wife and kids that you can't get stateside.
Your welcome woods.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
People that wear their ball caps backwards! It's a spoiler for an IDIOT...(AND DON'T WEAR IT SIDEWAYS EITHER)...

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
taxes, taxes really grind my gears. whether its income taxes, sales taxes, fuel taxes, taxes on taxes, property taxes, garbage taxes, utility taxes. Taxes are worse then ex wives at least an ex wife you pay once and be done with them, taxes just keep coming back over and over again

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Here's my rant: I believe they should reinstate the draft. I believe every eighteen year old male in America should go through basic training, become fit, and learn a trade. And give back to their country. Many other countries require national service. Then you'd see a lot less kids wearing the pants to their knees, and the jails would be a lot less crowded. That's my two cents.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Denis Leary used to have a great outlook in guys like that...... It involved a lot of profanity, head slaps, and a hatred of stupidity. I'm a safety officer and I can tell you our 2 golden rules.
#1- You can't fix stupid..... you can only try and train it.

#2- There is absolutely nothing common about common sense.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@Anthony - the next time you see someone that's wearing their pants around their ankles or close to it; tell them how that trend came about. The trend came about in the jail systems years ago as a way for one inmate to tell another inmate they were DTF (down to f@*k). If an inmate had his pants sagging and showing his butt-crack then he was telling others that he was a willing "partner".
I'm pretty sure that once they know that they'll pull their pants up. LOL

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I've heard it called a sub culture.A culture that rises within another culture.They dress like others within their own small culture.It's not really all that new of a thing though.I remember the greasers,and the hippies.I agree that it's stupid childish behavior..I hate to see men eating with their hats on.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Anthony... a great way to say it...."grinding your gears."
I too, live rurally because for the most part I cannot stand most people (pipers excluded) and see far less of humanity in the country than in the cities/suburbs.
As for my rant, it goes for inconsiderate people especially towards the seniors/elderly. I was in line for gas the other day with 20 others ahead of me and the lady with the pump was a senior and having difficulty. As the horns blared, I got out of my car and assisted her while all the others sat on their collective asses and watched. I just don't get it. No morals, no ethics. no real parents I suppose.
And the guys with pants hanging below their cracks NEVER entered my classroom or they went straight to the office or got a detention. I told them we had a dress code in my room and they could take that to the bank or bring in their parents. Never saw a parent.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Anthony, I really like your post title. Over here we might say "What really gets on my tits". I am making a list which will take most of the day to compile!

Status
Not open for further replies.