What Percent of Your Pipes Are In Plain View?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
New Cigars
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What percent of your pipes are displayed, or at least visible, in plain view, and what percent

are in drawers or in storage out of sight? It turns out, all of my pipes are in racks in one room,

though a few are on the far side of a round rack, but still able to be rotated into view. I have

just few enough pipes that this is possible for me. Do you stow 'em or show 'em? And why?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Well, I'd have to say about 98% are on display. I just recently had to move some from the racks as I got a couple new pipes and needed to make room.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I have 4 different racks all out on display, with acouple in single rests here and there. Also have a churchwarden waal mount rack that I made. The rest I keep in a gun vault out of sight. I put them in there because these are the pipes I have bought for my boys when they are old enough, and some collector pipes that may or may not ever get smoked.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
98% of my pipes are in plain view. The other 2% are meerschaums that are in cases.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
All thirteen are on a couple 6-pipe stands on the shelf above my desk, the odd one out is on a higher shelf on its own folding stand.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
90% are on display. The other 10% are in travel pouches ready to go. The travel pipes are 2 canadians and a viking straight for english and Va and a 3/4 bent Stanwell for aromatics.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Hmm, maybe 20% are in view? I keep 1-2 racks out as part of a rotation, then switch it out with another rack of pipes from my cupboard when it's time to do a deep cleaning.
I'd like to have all of them out, but this system works for me since I get used to the pipes a lot better and they get nicely worked in. Otherwise, I'd probably reach for the same 4-6 over and over again.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Most of mine are out in display in various places around the house. 110 hanging on a wall in the basement,85 in racks or laying loose on shelves in my computer room and another 50-60 in various racks in my shop waiting for restoration. They're taking over the joint!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My pipes are in a full wall rack in the basement. If I buy more pipes, I need to decide which one to get rid of.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Most of mine are out in display in various places around the house. 110 hanging on a wall in the basement,85 in racks or laying loose on shelves in my computer room and another 50-60 in various racks in my shop waiting for restoration. They're taking over the joint!
LOL! ejames my situation is much the same and my wife would like to "plain view" me up-side the head! LOL!

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
All of mine are displayed in my wife's display cabinet. I really plan on getting my own cabinet, but . . .

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I'd say about 90% of my pipes are on display in various pipe racks and stands. Our great room and kitchen are divided by shelving on which my pipes rest. The remaining 10% are inside a desk i use for pipes and some tins of tobacco located in our bedroom.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
50% maybe...
2DnNUwWl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.