What music do you listen to while smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Both excellent choices, guys.
I change frequently, as far as pipe smoking music goes.

I like Hayden's Master Work; Symphony #44 The Funeral, and Space Rock Classics like the Acoustic Manipulations of Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict (SOS-FAG-TIAC-AG-WAP for short); by Pink Floyd on UMGUMA, or Multimeter Compositions like Trip to the Fair by Renaissance on Turn of the Cards (I believe). Then again I can always find a good tune on Kiln House, like Blood on the Floor by Fleetwood Mac.
It's hard to narrow it down, I suppose it depends on my mood.

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
Pretty cool you mentioned Ummagumma because I just received it in the mail today along with Obscured By Clouds and a really cool floyd poster.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Sorry about the misspelling Mr. Brandybuck, the album's in the other room.

I don't think I have ever heard anything on Obscured By Clouds. Damn Shame.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Anything other than (C)rap or modern country. Big fan of the classic country from the fifties and early sixties.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
As I am banned to my man cave while smoking and being an old fart, I listen to the Old Time Radio shows and music from the 40's and 50's on my XM radio.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I have just about every kind of music genre on my MP3 player (except pop country, rap, or opera) and I enjoy putting it on shuffle. I have about 80GB of music and on it, so the shuffle mix keeps me entertained. For ex. Just last night, I remember the following: Perry Como's "Love is Christmas Rose", Frank Zappa's "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow" (no joke), John Coltrane's "Soul Eyes", Otis Redding's "The Glory of Love" with some Etta James, Rolling Stones, and Sinatra thrown in also.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I've got 3863 songs loaded on my iPod from just CD's. I recently got the Audacity software and got my turntable hooked up to the PC so that I can transfer my 1200 or so LP's that I have. First thing is to finish the repairs on my Vpi HW-16 record cleaning machine, so that I can remove all the crud from my LP's before I start the transfer process. I have an audio buddy that we are copying each others collections, for backups in case of a fire, theft, etc. Both of us are trumpet players and have large collections of great trumpet recordings on vinyl, stuff that will never be released on CD's because there is no market for it. We have each other in our Wills so that we know the music will be transferred to an enthusiastic recipient instead of being taken to Goodwill.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
for the original poster:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/music-amp-pipes
this is the Music and Pipes thread that existed before your arrival, for your enjoyment.

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
generally, i've got some sort of audiobook (patrick mcmanus, lord of the rings, harry potter) on while smoking. in fact, can't remember the last time i've listened to music.

redfox

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2010
@ rybo, i do love a good audiobook!! Besides those though, i really love listening to folk music like iron and wine, or cocorosie for something bit different. I like listening to things that put me in a bit of a daze so i can fully invest my thought into the smoke and life in general! Imogen heap, Frou Frou, LOTR, A fine frenzy, or some good old celtic music!! GO IRELAND!

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
Listening to Yui Makino as well as The Choro Club. That and a pipe is so relaxing, nothing else matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.