PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I just watched "Bronson" on Netflix about Britain's most famous prisoner. Not bad, but there could've been more plot/depth to it

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMEFVqnYr0
http://remycarreiro.com/charlie-sheen-and-the-8mm-snuff-film-a-true-story/
Good times, this was the film that basically ruined Charlie Sheens career and exposed him as a drug addict. And he didn't even star in it lol

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The Buddy Holly Story (1978) ... forgot that it was Gary Busey in the main role!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cobguy:
Gary Busey and Gailord Sartain blew onto the local stage in the mid 70's when Sartain hosted "Mazeppa's Uncanny Film Festival and Camp Meeting" on Channel 8 out of Tulsa, OK.
Sairtain went on to twenty year career with "Hee Haw" and, IIRC, played the Big Bopper in The Buddy Holly Story. Busey, of course, became Busey. But he was at his prime playing the football crazed coach, Teddy Jack Eddy, doing those sketches on Channel 8.
Seriously, in those days, guys would end Saturday dates early to be home and watch SNL and Mazeppa.
Go figure.
Fnord

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
"I Saw the Devil" (for the 5th time) on Netflix, Korean-subtitles. "Troll Hunter" is unique as well if you don't mind subtitles again.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Fnord,
Thanks for that info!

I watched HeeHaw back then and remember Gailord as "Cletus Biggs". lol
I still do my Grampa Jones impersonation now and then when asked, "What's for dinner". :)

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Brother Rat and a Baby starring Priscilla Lane, Eddie Albert, Ronald Reagan...

Pretty good.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
just re-watced The Guard. It's a good fillum. Love Brendan Gleeson.
XqiDJSY.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kJ3d1vqs4

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Enders Game with Harrison Ford. It got panned when it was in the theater but I thought it was ok. The book by Orson Scott Card was much better

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I just tried to watch what is considered a cult classic: Blade Runner. Made it through the first hour waiting for something to happen, but when Han Solo was about to have sex with a robot, couldn't watch any more. Sorry, Indy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A memorable movie I saw a few months ago was "Her," about a man who falls in love with his computer

operating system. She's programed to have a "personality," but after the first blush of romance, she's

attracted to others and it is the usual rocky road of romance. My favorite scenes are when the human/cyber

couple go on a double date (he and his tablet, so she can joint the conversation). The other couple are

children of the computer age and are absolutely cool with this and rather taken with his honey. In addition

to being both humorous and quite weird, the movie touches on a lot of interesting questions about people and their

devices, and the relationships between them. It may not be a classic, and might just be a peculiar period piece,

but unlike many movies, it stays with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.