PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
What is your typical weekend? I tend to get projects done and piddle around. I also smoke more because I am not at the office.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
On Friday night I go out to the pub with friends. Saturday, I do laundry and other chores. Typically go out to pub that night as well.

Sunday. I tend to chill and do what I want. And smoke some in between.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Friday night is a crap shoot for me. If I'm not too beat I may go to the gallery/bar and hang out for a couple hours.
Weather permitting, Saturday mornings are pipe club meetups. After that I usually grab some lunch and head home. Take care of whatever needs taking care of and then perhaps a nap. The nap is a relatively new feature to my weekends but im enjoying It.
I work every other Sunday so that too is a crap shoot. If I don't work I try to be as lazy as possible. Sometimes I'll go to the cigar shop and have one of those.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Smoke, laundry, yard work (VERY occasionally), smoke, Mensa stuff, go to Biltmore, smoke on the road, hit our fave seafood restaurant, smoke, sleep, go to local theatre, sleep, pretty much like Jason, whatever I want, smoke some more, etc. Boring low-key....
Bill

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Friday night is generally spent relaxing at home. I might grill out or have a fire in the chimenea out of my patio, depending on the season. On occasion, I might go out and grab a beer with my buddies or go out to dinner or something along those lines.
Saturday is most often for adventures or outings of some sort, and if absolutely necessary, chores that I wasn't able to accomplish during the week. For example, tomorrow I'm going on an all day kayaking trip with some friends. As the weather cools in the coming weeks, I'll go squirrel hunting in the mornings. There will also be a lot of firewood chores coming up soon.
Especially in the colder months, I like to spend as much of Sunday at home in my pajamas as possible. I sometimes will do a little mini-adventure, like I might go fishing or hunting in the morning or go on a short paddle or hike. Sometimes, we (me and my wife) spend an hour or so cleaning up the house, vacuuming, etc. Sometimes we go have dinner at my dad's, but the common thread is that we like to have lazy Sundays at home when we can.
Of course all of the above is also accompanied by a few pipes :puffy:
Looking forward to the weekend, fellas!

The only typical things I do is to wash my clothes and hang them out to dry while I mow the yard. I love the way the fresh mowed grass makes my clothes smell for the week.

Then, I spend the rest of the weekend in the studio.

Then Sunday, I cook a feast for all of my kids to return and make merry on the back decks. They are old enough now that they usually bring a few bottles of wine and cigars to enjoy, while I play Godfather with all of them lining up to pay respects and kiss my ring. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some retirees say every day is a weekend, but I haven't found it so. Our weekday pattern of appointments, errands, and projects shifts if only subtly. We don't have to dance around rush hour, for example. We have a different pattern of radio and TV when we do that. We regularly attend church unless something intervenes. We do a family phone call or two on Sundays. So though it isn't so much a Thank God It's Friday situation, weekends are a different routine and sometimes a re-set.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please don't post "bump". If you have something to say, fine, but the thread is active; you started it an hour ago, and there are many replies.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Usually a family get together because that's when everyone is off work and school. Yardwork is mostly done during the week because I'm retired and want to get all the chores done so I can free up my weekends.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
Saturday is usually either yard work/project day or family outing.

Sunday - church and family time.
If I'm not too tired, I usually get a late night smoke in on Friday night or Saturday night

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I have no idea when a weekend is occurring. Well, except during the NFL season whem the Pack is playing. I have the best office in the world and happily work seven days a week when necessary. Moose rut, southern migration all followed by the sheep rut ... hell I won't have a day off until Christmas quite possibly. I'm lovin' it! Moneys to be made and sights to be enjoyed! Two more weeks for the sternum to be fully healed, pay careful attention to my ticker and I'm good to go.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Very good weekend plans I see. I try to go shooting and relax a bit as well. Also, I'll never post a "bump" again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PBS' Washington Week on Friday evening is practically religion to me. I've been watching since Paul Duke was moderator, and became a fan of Gwen Ifill, and now Robert Costa who is real old school reporter. The show was Washington Week in Review, but the name got shortened. I started watching Meet The Press as a child in the 1950s, when Paul Spivak was the moderator, a sour little man who really knew his current affairs. He and George Wallace used to go at it, and it wasn't pretty, but it was real. When I was 10 years old and we had a new floor model b&w TV, I watched the political conventions ardently. Boy, was I ready for high school civics. That's how I got to the Illinois Boys State. I was no budding politician, but I did win the Lincoln essay contest.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Projects, piddle in the garage, maintenance, cleaning, and cook/drink beer in the afternoons. I do smoke a few more bowls, especially in the morning and early afternoon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oops, the first moderator on Meet The Press was Lawrence Spivak, not Paul. He was a small feisty little man, really sour, but quick and smart. I have to get my ancient TV history correct!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Feed Baby, Change Baby, Baby Chores, House Chores, Property Chores, Some Work, with one bowl and several alcoholic beverages interspersed throughout.
Unless of course it is hunting or fishing season. In that case, hunt and fish.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Since my last day of work on June 2, I've not known what day it is unless my phone announced a scheduled appointment.
I am quite ready to return to the salt mines but the doc says not yet.
I'm self employed, what is this weekend you speak of?
Ash, that's when the terrible traffic shifts from the business district to the entertainment district.
(although, you're in Vegas, that's all the same, isn't it?)
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.