PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
In one of the great Sherlock Holmes stories Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote that Sherlocks pipe was like a counsel to him. A friend he could go to, to help sort out his troubles. I have much the same regard for my pipes. When I am in deep thought, or when I am frustrated, or when I just need to relax. I head straight for my cabinet or rack witch ever the case maybe and I know that I will find peace in the fact that my pipes are there for my comfort.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
My pipes are dear to me for the distraction from pain they afford me. The calming affect they have on me reduces my stress which in turn decreases my pain levels.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Like an arm or a leg, I don't use it much, but try to take it away and watch what happends :twisted:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Although being a cigarette smoker far longer that a pipe smoker, I find the pipe brings solace cigarettes never could...like a good and faithful canine buddy.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm afraid I'm not as introspective as some... my pipes are my pipes. No more, no less.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's the ability to take silly pictures like this...
69d18439.jpg

:rofl:

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
My pipes are a vehicle on which I embark on this incredible journey of discovery of wonderful tobacco blends. :puffy:

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
My pipes are a little of all the above...relaxing,escape,deep thought and/or they look pretty and taste great.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pipes to me are contemplation, relaxation, calming. I can start a smoke upset but rarely am when I'm done. They are also a thing of beauty and function following form. I sometimes think of my pipe rack and tobacco stash as being like a fine restaurant where I'm handed a menu - I get to chose what I want to eat but also the knife and fork I am going to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.