PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
What is the pipe in your collection that draws puzzled, bewildered looks? Mine hands down is this strange, mystical pipe made by Nording; it looks like it grew in some mysterious swamp or fairy ring circle. It is, like all Nordings, a great smoker.

img_0632-600x360.jpg

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Most all of my 50 some odd pipes are fairly low key, but here are the ones that are (to my somewhat conservative eye)what I would call "eyecatching".
First up, a pair of Peterson "Draculas", a "606' straight pot and an "01" bent pot. Both recent purchases from Sparrowhawk.

image175-600x293.jpg

Next up is another Peterson "Dracula", this time an "03" full bent apple. It's not a very good pic, I know, sorry.

image4-600x450.jpg

And lastly is my Nording "Special Rustic" 1/8 bent ball. Mainly because of it's unusual shape. Once again, sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics.

image148-600x273.jpg

By the way, that Nording is a beauty Sparrow!

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Probably a tie between my Mr Brog lumberjack and my paneled Peterson POTY 2011
photo2-600x448.jpg

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Is it just me or do the Nording stems look like crap and the pipes look amazing?

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
@Eric, eat a snickers.. because your a bit harsh when you hungry, better?
Mine sadly is just m grampa's old McCarther cob and my gandalf churchwarden. But it's usually just looks of weird fueled awe from the kids.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I have a cob that a lot of people don't believe it is really a cob...but it does not produce the puzzled looks until after I mention it is a cob.
This one gets the looks because of all the carved through weaves.
cal-4.jpg

cal-7.jpg

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Thats a tough one. Most of mine caught my eye thus I think many are eye catchers, and cant choose

newyear_pipe.jpg

sunset.jpg

bigpete-bigben.jpg

The xl green pete would catch even mr magoo's eyes ... its huge

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
I have two that are interesting. I bought them from a woman that doesn't know anything bout them so I am lost on the history. I tried to play with the lighting on them so you can see detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.