Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Here's mine, a Peterson Killarney at 32 grams:
pete-dublin-537x600.jpg

Peterson Killarney
Stamped: Peterson Killarney Natural 120 London, England Made / A Peterson Product
Compared to my pipes with a lot of silver (read: spigots), this one feels like a feather!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My recently acquired Sasieni Ashford is pretty lithe at 35 grams, the lighest on my rack. My sweet spot is between 45 to 50 grams. You can see the perspective in the group shot, with some "Extraordinaire" size Comoys, etc.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
It would be my Paulo Becker Strawberry Wood Dublinn @ 19.845 grams. Sorry, no photo, my 1st generation iPad doesn't work with Flickr!

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Easy, my Pete Group 1 Belgique, because it is an extra small pipe. But if we say lightest

relative to tobacco capacity -- and I don't have weights on these pipes -- I'd say two

of my 1/4 bent Dublins, a Britannia smooth, and Johs blast, both of which are

extraordinarily light for their sizes. I think the briar used had been aged a long time,

and neither one was expensive.

andy

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
By far my Eltang Project Sailor Pipe weighing in at just 13 grams!!
]Eltang[/url]
]Eltang 2[/url]

May 31, 2012
UcFImzR.jpg

Mine is an old BBB petite @ 20g
A grp2 Finlays Knobby @ 21.4g
An Ashton XX lovat @ 26.5g
Most of my pipes fall in the 30-45g range.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
six, thanks buddy.
I actually owned a pipe not long ago that was actually too light. It was a Rad Davis Belge that weighed 28 grams. The reason it was too light was because the walls were very thin and it required way too much attention from me to make it a cool smoker. I had to consistently concentrate on my cadence or it would heat up and that is not how I enjoy smoking. I like to light it up, smoke at my natural cadence and never worry about getting a pipe to warm. I learned a valuable lesson that a pipe can be too light. I now pay close attention the the thickness of the walls of my pipes. With a bamboo pipe you can have it really light and have thicker walls as the bamboo adds little to no weight to the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.