PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristofer

Lurker
Jun 18, 2012
What is your ideal setting for a pipe smoke? The atmosphere around me when I smoke a pipe is a huge factor in how much I enjoy the smoke, and I would love to hear some of your favorite places to smoke a pipe, or places you have always wanted to smoke a pipe.
For me, a slightly warm evening on my back porch with some good folk music playing is what I love :D

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Most frequent = in my arm chair or on the sofa while catching up on the important "how was your day dear" question
Ideal (weather permitting) = on the balcony, feet up, listening to music or having a chat.
Nice but rare since I moved to the city = on the beach, watching the waves, occasionally venture to the river and watch the world go by but rarely make it to the beach these days

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
An ideal pipe for me would be somewhere in the mountains on a crisp fall day when the leaves are changing. Maybe add in a nice stream or brook and a friend or two to share the moment with.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
What seems like ages ago when I first got into this pipe smoking thing I lived across the street from a large cemetery.In the center was a small lake surrounded by trees.Early on Sunday mornings I would take a cup of coffee,a pipe and sit on a bench.The birds were singing.There were ducks on the pond.Squirrels were playing.It was so peaceful the cares of the world just seemed to float away.At least for a short while..These days it's sitting in my chair watching a fire in the fireplace.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Really enjoying smoking my pipe on one of the common areas on my wifes campus at St. Mary's College of California right now! But ideal is in the middle of the woods with a small fire going with no one around for miles.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I live 10 minutes from Siesta Key Beach ( winner of the nations best beach and worlds finest sand) so it is a joy sitting there smoking my pipe and reading.
I also love sitting on my front porch with my palm trees and always green flora and fauna.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Definitely outdoors with no wind and decent weather! Be it a park or at my barracks, those two things must be present. Of course I prefer being out in the woods but that's a bit rare

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I smoke a pipe all day long, so I'll have to say my ideal 'time' is the evening with my wife, indulging in a single malt. Whether here at home, the lake camp or deer camp.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Fall is my favorite for just about everything. A calm and crisp day, on a porch or in the woods. Hot apple cider during the day or some tasty booze in the evening. Or anytime I'm not in a hurry. I will say that on the flip side of this question, here in the Hudson Valley tomorrow will not be a good day to enjoy anything except hiding from the sun. It's going to near 100 degrees F.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Sitting on this bench.... on Loblolly Bay in the British Virgin Islands

bvi036.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm with Hawk, patio/fire, some good music. I prefer a warm summer morning, with some coffee and the paper. That's where you'll find me on most Sat/Sun AM's.
Siesta Key also sounds pretty darn nice!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I'm with Al and Hawk on that score. Honestly, though, I wish I could smoke inside the house again.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I would rather smoke alone than around people, mostly because I don't know any pipe smokers and they seem to stare =/ So alone, in my garage with the door open, watching the world go by :)

Status
Not open for further replies.