PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
For me? I have to go with Savinelli. I know they say the pipe picks the person, and for me? That was very true. Out of all pipe brands/makers, I found that Savinelli pipes spoke the loudest for me. I love their style. My favorite pipes are both Savinelli. The rusticated Trevi 616, and the rusticated Trevi 320. Both are wonderful.
What about the rest of you, have a favorite?

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
For an inexpensive pipe I'd go with Blakemar briars. For a more expensive pipe I'd go for an Askwith, particularly one of his morta pipes.
For a factory pipe I'd go with Stanwell.

Jan 8, 2013
Nording. I have them ranging from the low cost Signature to his highest grade of 20. They are all beautiful and smoke wonderfully.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Just to let you know there are other threads just like this including one I started.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/whats-your-favorite-maker-or-pipe-brand

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I've learned recently that kino era Castello's are what work best for me and what I smoke. Consequently, this is where all my pipe money is going. Although I am really curious about Cannoy's pipes and will grab one at some point. What sets the Castellos apart for me is the 4.3mm airway and the wood... aesthetics are what they are.
Just to let you know there are other threads just like this including one I started.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/whats-your-favorite-maker-or-pipe-brand
Uh oh! Duplicate threads on a discussion forum? Someone let Kevin know to shutdown the server before it self destructs!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jerry Perry, carver; Sav; Johs; Petes; and various French pipes; MM; Luciano; Old Dominion cobs.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Savinelli is my favorite brand of pipe. Consistent quality and very affordable, for the most part.

Mar 1, 2014
I made another Carbon Cob this week, I guess Missouri Meerschaum has been holding my interest more than anything else just for the ability to torture a bunch of Cobs on a regular basis.
That and the internal geometry of the plastic stems are practically perfect. The best smoking pipe that money can buy, at a price anyone can afford.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
My favorite by far and away is Ed Burak of the Connoisseur Pipe Shop in NYC. Between 1974 and 1995 when I quit smoking for 20 years I must have bought close to 70 or 80 of his pipes. After giving away a bunch to friends, relatives and business associates and losing a few more I still have almost 40 in my collection. He was also a master blender of tobaccos using the finest leaf in his blends
When I came back to the hobby last year I was disappointed to see that he had closed shop in 2009. However his pipes do crop up on Ebay fairly frequently at not outrageous prices
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Burak

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This is my post from the other thread, it has changed somewhat.

Rad Davis is tops with 20 of his pipes.

Brian Ruthenberg next with 8 of his pipes

Bruce Weaver with 2 of his but always looking for more.
For Factory pipes, I have the most experience with Castello and loved them all. I would own a bunch if they had hand cut vulcanite stems.

Barling is right there but I have very little experience with them so they may over take Castello because their stems are vulcanite.
I will add Ryan Alden to my list of artisan pipes as I now have 2 and both are fanatastic smokers. I will also add Pre Transition Barlings for my factory pipes. Since the last post I have bought 4 more Pre Trans Balrings with me smoking 4 out of the 5 as I have another one one the way. They are now my favorite factory pipe and by a good margin. The Pre Trans Barlings have great stems and they smoke as sweet as any pipes in my collection. I will be chasing the Barlings until I have a bunch of them(maybe 20).

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
It seems to be Savinelli more and more these days. It just seems like every time I'm looking for a pipe here lately, I just happen to find it in a Savinelli. Dependable quality and a great product at a decent price. I have yet to be disappointed by them.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
To my fellow Savinelli pipe smokers, glad to see I'm not the only one that loves them. They're such a great company that has great pipes for a great price. Always good quality, always good smokers, and you can depend on them. I've never been let down by a Savinelli pipe yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.