Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
As a newcomer to pipesmoking (I've been smoking for about 3 months), I'm curious to see what everyone else is smoking this holiday season!
I personally just bought a tin of the McClelland 2014 Holiday Spirit, and it is by far my favorite smoke so far for the winter season holidays!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I always pick up a tin of Peterson's Holiday Season blend. It changes every year, but has always been a really good aromatic.
I also like Russ's Egg Nog from his Hearth and Home line.
I had McClelland's Holiday Spirit last year so I ordered another tin and then picked up a 2014 tin last month.
Straus Tobacconist in Florence Kentucky does a house holiday blend called Wenceslas which is a great berry flavored aromatic. Has that Christmas fruity berry flavor going on. Glad I ordered 8oz of it. It sells out quick. The guy in the shop makes 10lbs a batch and last year did two batches. Once it's gone it's gone until next Black Friday.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I'm a sucker for all tobaccos Christmas. Oddly enough though, I save the Christmas Cheer tobaccos for Christmas in July because a Virginia Flake seems more of a warm weather smoke for me. I have about 8 oz left of Sam Gawith Christmas 2006 which really screams holiday smoke for me. Some of the Hermit Holiday offerings have been very good and I have three or so tins left.. I picked up a tin of C&D We Three Kings at the local B&M today. I have a couple of McClelland Holiday Spirit offerings and a couple of tins of Sam Gawith's tinned Christmas 2007. I like having Christmas tobacco around but what with Thanksgiving being yesterday, tis the season!
Mike S.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Christmas Cheer plain and simple. I know it's Virginias but I smoke them all year anyway. I got a tim of Peterson's Holiday Blend though and it's quite a nice aromatic. I have a tin of this years We Three Kings but haven't opened it yet.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Whatever's smoldering under my nose at the time is my favorite. I never load up with anything other than what I chose at the time, so that must be my favorite at the time. I'm not cyclical in my tastes as they do not change with the seasons. Or . . . the holidays. What I smoke on "Lent," "National Smoke Out Day" or "Veterans Day" is probably from the same, dull, group of blends that I always have around the house.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Definitely Christmas Cheer, Vanilla Pie from my local B&M, and any excuse to bust into my Balkan Sobranie is a good enough excuse for me! :mrgreen:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I never pay any attention about 'seasonal blends', whatever that's supposed to mean. If I have a taste for MC Christmas Cheer in July then that is what I reach for. Just because a tobacco blend has a seasonal/holiday name really doesn't mean squat.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I picked up a tin of Maple Street and liked it so much I orderd 3 more tins. I threw in a tin of Taste of Autumn but have not tried it as the shipment has not arrived yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm really into non-aro burley blends right now. Cornell & Diehl seems to do the most with these, but

the star of my burley cache right now is Semois, the Belgium grown burley. A Forums friend sent me

a sample, and when I extolled it, another Forums friend sent me most of a package (he'd tried it and didn't

like it) plus another tin of tobacco and a great pipe! I'm a happy holiday smoker. Welcome to Forums chalbach.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
Thank you, mso489!
If I had to pick something other than my Holiday Spirit, I'd have to go with my local B&M's Virginia blends, Hunting Creek and P.S. Blend! Both are pleasant smokes, with the latter being a stronger blend of tobacco in general.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
McClelland Christmas Cheer wit at least 5 years of aging on it right now I'm smoking a 2003 tin.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Christmas Cheer is my favorite! But I look forward to sampling all the new blends that get released this time of year. Smoking some Sixpense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.