PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
As I sit here getting ready to smoke my pipe in hopes it will help me make a decision about a proposition I recieved at work today that could have a big affect on my future(or it could have absolutly no affect on my future at all), it got me wondering. What, if any, particular blend everyone here smokes when they are contemplating as opposed to simply relaxing. Or if there is a certain blend/pipe combo you use, and why. I don't really have one single pipe I gravitate towards, but I do seem too smoke Frog Morton Across the Pond whenever I'm in deep thought. I can't fully explain why, but there is something about the flavor that helps center my mind, and it's an easy tobacco for me to smoke with little fuss about it to distract me.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
IMO, Blue Note by Dan Pipe Tobacco. Thoroughly good, but not at all complex. A good blend if I am reading or studying, as I don't have to think about it too much.
-Jim

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
I'm gonna have to think about this one over a bowl of...?
Well, this leaves me in a Catch-22. 8O

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hard to say really, I suppose if I want to think, I want something that has a one dimensional as in unchanging flavor, that is complex as in it has many flavors in that one unchanging dimension ( I hope that makes sense) Orlik and HOTW come to mind

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Black House and a glass of Absinthe. If you haven't figured out the answer by the end of the bowl, you won't really care.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Honestly when ever I sit down to smoke a whole bowl, it doesn't matter what it is, I slip off into the "zone"

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
Honestly when ever I sit down to smoke a whole bowl, it doesn't matter what it is, I slip off into the "zone"
Me too, I am afraid. If I can put myself in a churchwarden or big bowl situation, I get as brain-mute as watching a fire...
After it, my head is clear, sure... but till then, my body is there but my head is on holidays...

Jul 15, 2011
I'm gonna vote either 1Q or Larrys Blend, the only difference dictated by weather. If it is a hot day, it'll be the 1Q. On a cold night, Larry's Blend is guaranteed to put me at peace. What really helps is a couple of big pinches of snuff right before lighting your pipe. A good menthol snuff soothes my sinuses while I smoke, and after the nic from the pipe and the snuff wears off, I have a good beer and all my worries are alleviated.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Right now it's usually some really old G.L. Pease Kensington, or Ashton Pebblecut. Problem is, sometimes the tobacco is so good - it distracts me from what I was contemplating! I do know that a "high maintenance" tobacco is a thought process killer for me. I don't want to have to think about the mechanics of smoking too much while problm solving or visioneering.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Depending on what kind of tobacco I'm in the mood for, I'd have to go with 1Q, Blue Mountain,or Hamborger Veermaster as my contemplating smokes.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
English Oriental from P Stokkebye. The most 1 dimensional English, yet great english flavor. This is assuming I could ever be very contemplative. But on those rare occasions, this is what I'd go to. Pipe choice would play into this also. :?: Looks like pipe novelist has a very good recipe for relaxation.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
The more I smoke English blends the more I'm inclined to smoke one while preparing my sermon each week. I'm not sure why but it just puts me in a thoughtful mood. So I guess since the only English blend I have is the Villager 1888 Early Day...I'll have to go with that one as my Contemplative Blend. :puffy:

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
I have a large selection to choose from. It really depends on the mood and what I am craving at the time. I just got my first tin of panzance yesterday and will be having that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.