PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
After I got my first lot of estate pipes last week I noticed there is a particular pipe I always have in my mouth. I cleaned this guy up and have not smoked with it since. I just carry it around the house with me and more or less chew on it. I let this guy soak in my favorite whiskey overnight and when I breath through it all I taste is whiskey :D

It's nothing to special, just a yello-bole spartan, but it's my yello-bole spartan and I love it.
What's your around the house pipe?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Well, I don't smoke inside the house, but the first one I grab is the Peterson XL23 Kinsale, which is reserved only for Penzance :worship:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
What you are describing would be my Chacom Grand Cru. It sits on my desk and never gets smoked, just held during conference calls. Techniocally, all of my pipes are around the house pipes. They are the good ones that rarely travel or go with me around town. Right now I have 3 pipes, a Talamona, a Charatan and a Savinelli Autograph that are as ugly as hell that I use to smoke outside since its winter and I can only smoke outside. The beast (our dog) got so excited to play outside during the blizzard yesterday he took the Autograph out of my mouth and tossed it in the snow. I was glad it wasn't one of my good pipes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A Talamona, Charatan, and a Sav Autograph that are ugly as hell and you only smoke them out side? There isn't pipe there that wouldn't go for under $200...
Another tall tale from hauntedmyst... :wink:
-Jason

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
All of them. However, lately I've been favoring my Stanwell Golden Danish. A light pipe with perfect balance. When working outside I like my L.L. Bean made by Dr. Grabow.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have about a dozen that get smoked more so than others.

Cavicchi Volcano

Fat Cavicchi Volcano

TRG White Ringed Volcano

Bjarne Free Form

MM Cob Churchwarden

Ascorti New Line

Salisbury Poker

Dr. Grabow White Viscount Adjustomatic Poker

My Dad's of Favorite No Name (Found out it is a Caminetto)

Both Nordings

Maggiore

Johs Bulldog

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'm starting to have to many to have a just one favorite. I smoke inside .. usually with the wife in the evenings while we chat. I do notice I tend to use one of several cobs when I'm outside. It could be cause I view them as expendable , and they never die. LOL.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
All of mine are around the house; luckily I don't have to leave the room to enjoy my smoke. My go-to of the last couple weeks has been my already-beat-to-hell MM cob; my I'm-gonna-have-a-treat pipe is my Peterson Xmas billiard. My sit-and-write-angry-letters-to-Congress pipe is a Medico Jet Stream, any one of several.

bluzman54

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
I gravitate to one of my Petersons; however, I recently purchased a Savinelli Tundra that seems to end up in my hand regularly lately.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
My Grabow Omega it sits low and out of the way while doing chores around the house.

Also my Cob.

Status
Not open for further replies.