PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

starraccoon

Lurker
Mar 8, 2017
Trying to sell these on eBay. Having problems with this one
It's stamped NGR with squares around each letter
Don't know how to use this site yet so here's a link to the auction I posted. Any help appreciated

eBay pipe link (Link removed by moderator ~Cosmic)
History: my grand father smoked pipes so many many years. Some were gifted to him. Some were ones he purchased. I have no idea about any of this stuff. Someone here may

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Those stampings appear to be hallmarks, either real (for silver) or ersatz (for lesser value metal, like nickel-plated steel). Are there any stampings on the briar itself?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
You're right, you did. I shouldn't have been so abrupt. The briar is the part that looks like wood; the bowl and shank up to the metal part. There are often stampings on that part which will help identify a pipe.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Here's the pics. I don't think the ebay link is allowed.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

starraccoon

Lurker
Mar 8, 2017
Thank you
I'll look when I get home this morning and get pictures. Just trying to figure out if it worth anything or trash can worthy

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's not listed at pipephil, nor is it listed in Who Made That Pipe. Given condition, I'd place it in the "trashcan worthy" range. The EP stamp on the metal indicates that the fitment was made by a common aftermarket maker. These mounts appear on a number of different pipe brands, usually, though not necessarily, as repair bands. It's a step above a "no name" pipe, but only just.

Status
Not open for further replies.