PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
picture-600x338.jpg

this is one of my grandfathers pipes i cleaned up but i cant figure out what make it is

Aug 1, 2012
From the rustication, ring/stinger receiver, and logo, I'd have to say a Whitehall Red Dot or a Pipe Maker.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My guess would actually be an Aerosphere. I've seen the logo in different colors before (usually the color of the stem or shank beneath a ring inlay) and the stamping on the one I own is also very thin and light. I was only able to identify it by shining an LED flashlight at an angle on the shank. Give that a try... There should also be a small hole on the stem to allow air to pass through if its an Aerosphere pipe.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
theres no extra holes in the stem and it doesnt have a stinger nor has one been cut off. i appreciate all the help i know its nothing expensive because he never spent a lot of money on a pipe and it has to be from the late 70's or earlier because he died in 81

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
What ever it is, you're very lucky to have your Grandfather's pipes. I've searched high and low for my Grandfather's, to no avail. Enjoy it in the best of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.