What is the strangest post-smoke comment you've received?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
As the title asks, what is the strangest comment you've gotten? I just finished off some Troost (first time with it), and I was greeted in the house by the Boss yelling me "You smell like Shake'n'Bake."

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
"Damn that smells like Buffalo Shit"... not knowing what Buffalo shit smells like my response was .. "Might be, but sure does taste good" ! :D

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Mine is very similar to Gary's.
Once while smoking a heavy Lat blend, a buddy asked me "What the hell are you smoking, cat shit?" My reply was "Yep, but it's good cat shit!"

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Dear God! What caught on fire! the other one I get is 'Take your pipe out of your mouth when talking to me' and other variations of the same theme.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've had the something's on fire bit happen a few times. I just stand there puffing awY while everyone runs around trying to find the source. Once, in the early 70s, I was in a restaurant, when a diner from another table came over and said: "Thank you for spoiling our lunch!" As I was sitting in the smoking section, I thought of several appropriate remarks, the first one dealing with her and the horse she rode in on, but she left before I could offer any of them. The one I love best is when the pretty young things tell me that their grandfather used to smoke a pipe. Sure makes a fella feel young.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
After my first of bowl of Christmas Cheer 2013 on the porch, my wife wanted to know if I started the trash barrel on fire as it smelled like burning garbage. I've also had similar comments when smoking strong latakia blends. :puffy:

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
My first ex said, "Gawd you stink!!!" My current wife says, "Whew sheesh." while waving her hand in front of her face. I kind of get a thrill annoying them. :mrgreen:

plumbersdope

Lurker
Mar 10, 2013
I had an ex give me the Felix Unger with a can of air freshener. I had one lady ask me "What do you smoke?" I replied "Well mostly Virginia blends" she said "Virgins have their own blend?"

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
So this guy is sitting out in the garage where he keeps his pipes and cigars, relaxing, smoking a bowl, and his wife walks in and says: "okay honey now that we've been married six months I'm telling you that I'm packing up all your pipes and cigars. It's time to get rid of them."

He looks up and says: "you know, my first wife said that."

She says: "I didn't know you were married before."

"I wasn't," he says.

Dec 24, 2012
On reflection, the strangest one I've ever received is: "You moron. You're supposed to smoke after sex, not during it!"

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
So the chicken and the egg are in bed. The chicken is leaning back against the pillow smoking a cigarette. The egg is sitting there with arms crossed, and says: "well, I guess we've answered that question."

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
The best I've gotten was: "That doesn't smell like pot. What is it?" I was watering my garden as a group of stoners walked by. They were very confused...

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Reaction with lat blend: *cough cough sputter GASP* "Ugh peewf! That stinks! Get away!!"
Reaction with vanilla cream: *sniff* "Hey, can I try some?"

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Well, if these stories are any indication, I'm going to piss of more than a few people after leaving my smoker-friendly college. Oh well!

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Not the strangest post-smoke comment, but undoubtedly the strangest pre-smoke:
I had just emerged from the classroom, and had taken out my pipe, but not yet loaded it, when one of my students stepped up and said. "Oh, I just love the smell of your tobacco!" Maybe sucking up just a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.