What is the Most Unusual Thing You've Used as a Tamper?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Today I am at my gf's house and getting ready for a nice smoke but I dont have a tamper! So I had to use the tip of a drumstick I got from the lead singer of the B52's. I was in the front row of a concert when he was playing the cowbell in that song Rock Lobster. After the song, he handed me the drumstick. It turned into today's tamper. :puffy:

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Lol! I just stick my finger in there. I usually have a lighter/tamper combo with me though.

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
Nothing unusual, deer antler, pipe tool, homemade wooden tampers.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Small engine valve.
23-9880.jpg

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
I used a (closed of course) tube of Chap Stik today ont the way home from work. I forgot my tamper on my desk and it was handy, so...a tamper it became.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
If I'm lighting up at work (jeweler) I often use a small bezel mandrel end as an initial tamper before I go outside.
Allan

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Well before I grabbed the drum stick, I saw 3 .9mm rounds on the dresser and I'm embarrassed to say my first thought was "hummmmm... just maybe".

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I honestly never use a tamper, it's always my index finger. Once or twice I've used a nail but my finger seems to work best for me and I never forget to bring it when I want a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.