PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisco66

Lurker
Dec 31, 2013
Austin, Texas
My great-grandfather's churchwarden pipe is certainly more than 100 years old, and has a logo on it - a serif'd capital P inside a horizontal diamond. Can anyone tell me what the brand of this pipe is? Any thoughts as to if it has any value other than sentimental?
Pipeshankcrackandlogo_zpsc2f0ab84.jpg

Briarchurchwarden_zpscc237d18.jpg

This website (http://fujipub.com/ooops/makes.html#parker) has a diamond-P identified as a Parker, but the diamond there is sans-serif in a vertical diamond, so I don't know if it's the same.

parker.gif

Thanks.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The Parker logo is a stem logo IIRC. I don't know what brand the pipe is but based on the condition of the shank, I think it's smoker, not an investment. Enjoy!
Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have access to a pipe repairman, or line up one who will look at pictures online or by email,

you might ask about repairs. This is a handsome pipe, and it is also a family heirloom, and I think

you should smoke it for years to come and not let any process continue that might cause a crack

in the briar or stem. To me, pipes are smokers.

brisco66

Lurker
Dec 31, 2013
Austin, Texas
I sent it off to Mike Myers yesterday with a request for a Nickel/silver band. The silver band will eliminate some of the bigger blemishes around the shank/stem joint.
I'm still debating whether I'll ask for a fuller restoration. Sure, it would make it like new, but also reduce some of its character by removing evidence that my grand-dad used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.