What Is the Biggest Lat Bomb Blend You've Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm with Jud... Hermit Tobacco Captain Earle's Ten Russians. It's a Lat bomb in cake form and will put hair on your chest. Make sure you smoke this one on a full stomach.
-Jason

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
Gotta go with jud and lordnoble on this one as well. Hermit Tobacco Captain Earle's Ten Russians. Not only will it put hair on your chest but it will burn it off as well.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Star of the East and da Vinci, both by C&D. I have not smoked either one, but really want to try the SOTE.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I'm going to have to +1 the Pirate Kake. Good stuff if that's what you're in the mood for. Which I tend to be if I want an uncomplicated but not entirely one dimensional latakia smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't go after Lat per se, just taking it one blend at a time, but I do enjoy a good traditional

English blend. Nightcap seems to come with a nice jolt of Lat and nicotine, both.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I smoke mainly Latakia forward blends, and can recommend Pirate Kake (70%), Star of the East (50%), Westminster, Odyssey, Abingdon, Odessa, Red Odessa, Campfire, and Engine 99. Also Nightcap, London Mixture and Balkan Sasieni.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I don't smoke a whole lot of Latakia blends, (The War Department isn't a big fan)...

However; one that sticks in my memory is Billy Budd.

My first experience was a sample sent to me by a friend...

There was a note written on the sample... "SMOKE OUTSIDE!"...

Nuff said.

:puffy:

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
So many of those blends I've not tried yet. For me I guess it would be a 2006 tin of McClelland Syrian Super Balkan.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
10 Russians, Odyssey, Old Ironsides, Pirate Kake, Star of the East Flake. "Lat Bomb" seems a screwy term to me. All the listed blends are very good tasting blends that have a heavy proportion of Latakia, if that's what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.