PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
I am a dedicated non-aromatic. Give me a good strong English like Westminster, Quiet nights or Nightcap or a nice pure Virgina like... well I was going to say Dark star, but we will leave it there.
Here is the thing, I recently played a bit with cross-over blends like Haddo’s and liked it, to my surprise. Now I suddenly find myself with a craving for a black cavendish vanilla tobacco! What has happened to me? Please let me know, which is the best blend, I want non-goopy and with some subtlety to the taste. Am I asking for too much?

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Not a Vanilla, but if you wanna try an aro I would recommend MB Navy Flake.

For Vanilla - Dan Tobacco Blue Note.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
^^^ do you think of MB NF as aro? It definitely is cased with a flavoring. There’s no ghosting from MB NF. The smell of a resting pipe I have smoked excusively with MB NF has a similar smell to a pipe I have dedicated to Escudo (yes, I know one is vaper and the other is vabur + cavendish, but that’s my point). A sweet smell with a hint of rum.
I enjoy MB NF, so recommended all the same as a nicely cased, burley dominant blend. No vanilla flavor though

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
do you think of MB NF as aro? It definitely is cased with a flavoring.
Most tobacco is.
Now I suddenly find myself with a craving for a black cavendish vanilla tobacco! What has happened to me?
You're becoming a more rounded pipe smoker. Aromatics are definitely not a beginner tobacco but one for later on in the process. That being said, Lane Limited "Vanilla Black Cavendish" and Dan Tobacco "Sweet Vanilla Honeydew".

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My favorite vanilla aromatic is Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce.
Excellent sweet Virginias, mellow Burleys and superior black Cavendish are married with essences of vanilla, caramel and honey for smooth flavor and an outstanding room note.

Jan 8, 2013
Good old simple Lane BCA. It's the perfect black cavendish based aromatic in my opinion and serves a dual purpose. I absolutely love the stuff. It's great on it's own, and sometimes I'm more than happy to smoke it that way. It's an aromatic you can actually taste and the vanilla is very evident. And then it's also great for sweetening up and cooling down an existing blend. Sometimes I might be in the mood for a Balkan but at the same time something a little sweeter, or with a pleasing room note. I'll add about 1/4 of a bowl worth and it's fantastic. I've added it to virginias, balkans, english. It never fails me. I even added some to my beloved Black Frigate just the other day... it was sublime. :puffy:

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
It has other flavors in addition to Vanilla but WO Larsen Signature is one I like.
Blue Note has already been mentioned. May be worth noting that it isn't always found under the Dan Tobacco name. It is sold under Torben Dansk (made by Dan Tobacco).

I have spent over a year now exploring different vanilla blends. McB Vanilla Cream Flake is in the top ten, for sure, maybe top three. But, CAOs Bela Vanilla is an excellent Madagascar vanilla bean flavor, for those connoisseurs of the vanilla bean. Also, Lane’s Cohiba is another very well balanced tobacco to vanilla flavor. I like to add a little Madura to this one, but it could just be the name psychology on me, but it is tasty with some cigar leaf thrown in. GHc Vanilla Flake is right on, as well as their Kendal vanilla. I may even like the Kendal better, because of strength and the stronger more chocolat-ish empire tobaccos used. It ranks a good solid medium in strength.
I would rate McB Vanilla Cream Flake number one,if it just had some nicotine. It makes a great breakfast blend with a cup of black coffee. Just a touch of nic would make it perfect, IMO.

A vanilla rope would be best, IMO. Something along the strength lines of pigtail twist with that Madagascar vanilla bean flavor. Mmmm....

ethicsminer

Might Stick Around
Jul 4, 2018
Ohio
C & D's Green River Vanilla is pleasant. It's a burley vanilla. Out of the can, mine was fairly creamy smelling and moist. Let it dry for a few days and am pleasantly surprised.
Its vanilla is rich while the burley is still offering a solid backbone. I haven't tried, but may be thinking to add to other blends for a hint of vanilla.
I would recommend trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.