PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
They used to post three deals a week but it looks like, since New Years, they only run a single 'MEH...' sale a week. What gives?
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

When I got the new P&C calendar for this year with the monthly sales on it, I knew that this year was going to be lame by comparison. Sure there will be a few deals, but mostly... bleh. But, it gives me a chance to try out some of the other tobacco sellers.

I don't disparage P&C totally. They still have the best deals on some every day stuff, and... they have Russ, who will inevitably be kicking out some dynamite new stuff.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have been waiting for a sale I cannot resist and I keep resisting and waiting. I expect it is cyclical and one seller or another will break the irresistible sale drought.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
What, February 2016 Calendar Deal​ 15% OFF all Mac Baren HH​ doesn't seem like a good deal to you...? :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These folks are business people, so I assume they are keeping the books and checking them twice. Iwan Ries used to have a great annual sale fifty percent off MRSP, which was about 37% off their standard discount, and I used to size up pipes in advance to decide what I might buy. This year, the discount went down to considerably less, 20% or 30%, about what I can find shopping around, at least on specific pipes. PC had some amazing sales on Stanwell and Big Ben last year. But finally, business folks have to look at the books. If they are increasing profits with sales, they will stage them; if not, not. It is business, and nothing can be done just for show.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
"What, February 2016 Calendar Deal​ 15% OFF all Mac Baren HH​ doesn't seem like a good deal to you...? [:wink:]"
Not at Mac B's new prices, my friend. Luckily, I stocked up on all my favorite Mac Baren blends prior to that last jack up.
I guess I shouldn't be too hard on P&C. Come to think of it, all the internet sites have had lackluster sales so far this year. SPC had Larson on sale (who smokes that crap anyway?) and a free tin of Peterson's then Comoy's with a pipe purchase. Around this time last year, 4noggins had a 20% off all bulk sale. Nothing like that from Rich so far this year.
I hear you all. Business. I guess I'll hold on to my dough for a while longer. When I'm in a rational state of mind I realize that I do have plenty of baccy in my cellar already. That state of mind, however, is fleeting!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've cashed in on some sales I'll never see again, on Ser Jacopo, Stanwell, Big Ben and Petes. You just have to get while the getting is good. SP brought a Luciano to a pipe show to save me shipping and gave me a show discount besides ... I think it was $75 in all. The pipes I've landed on sales have all been excellent quality.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
When I'm in a rational state of mind I realize that I do have plenty of baccy in my cellar already. That state of mind, however, is fleeting!
Roger that!

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I have been waiting for a good sale on tobacco myself.

The Mac Baren price jump was excessive in my opinion. Too many other good blends at better prices out there.

I would bet their sales have had quite a drop.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
The Mac Baren price jump was excessive in my opinion. Too many other good blends at better prices out there.
AMEN!! McClelland also got REALLY proud of their tobacco too. They're getting $54 for one pound of No. 5100 Red Cake Virginia at P&C, and SP's is at $48 today, for the same. It's not everywhere yet, but it's coming.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We still do three email deals a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday), plus we started Flea Market Friday, which has at least 9 really strong sale items starting at 9 am (Eastern) Friday, and ending at 6 pm.We will have something special this Thursday, which will lead into our IPSD promotion on Saturday. We're always looking for ways to bring you deals. We recently got some closeouts that will be advertised as soon as they arrive.
Russ

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Do you send out email updates on Flea Market Friday or do those need to be signed up for separately? I have missed this as well. Or is it just for all the cool kids who check the site on Friday just because?

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Cigars international bought them. Another buyout to increase girth and raise prices don't look for any deals soon. Look at ci "deals" everyone kills them

Status
Not open for further replies.