Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

What Happened To The Broncos?

(33 posts)
  1. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Man, that was a BIG disappointment! I was glad the Seahawks made it, but I was rooting for my boy Peyton and the Broncos to win. The Broncos didn't look like the same team out there tonight! They shot theirselves in the foot from the start! I honestly figured it would be a lot closer than that!

It sucks that they lost, but I do congratulate the Seahawks on playing a hell of a game and winning the game.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree, this was one of the lousiest super bowls I've watched in a long time. I didn't have a vested interest in either team, just wanted to see a good game. but it was almost like watching a high school game at times. Even the ads were kind of a let down this year. All the games leading up to this were more interesting to me, but that's just my opinion. But I did have a nice short smoke at half time!

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. virginiacob

virginiacob

Login to Send PM

Definitely one of the most lopsided Super Bowls I've seen in years. The Seahawks played a phenomenal game on both offense and defense. The Broncos just never seemed to get it together and the mistakes, turn-overs, and penalties killed them.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. ocpsdan

Dan

Login to Send PM

I agree, I couldn't have cared less about this game. It seemed to me like the Seahawks were playing to win and the Broncos weren't. Also, the Seahawk defence was absolutely outstanding.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. apiperisdown

apiperisdown

Login to Send PM

I had it all laid out early, the meal, the snacks, the drinks, the big screen just waiting for the big game to begin…..sadly it never did. Denver was outplayed on all fronts. I had a feeling the Seakhawks had the advantage but that was the worst Super Bowl in a while. I even delayed the start with the DVR so I could skip the halftime bs, but it did me no good, it was almost better than the game lol.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks as though the Seahawks took 'em out to the woodshed, offensively and defensively.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It was an blowout game, but it is also a great relief for many of us Seahawk fans.
    ~Ron

Ron
    Posted 5 years ago #
  8. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I loved every minute of it. The Seahawks came to play, the Broncos....not so much.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Manning was voted MVP in the league and he could only muster 8 points in the bigest game of the year,,Figure that out if you can.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wanted Peyton to win in Eli's new house. I guess that is why we play the game. Any given Sunday.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. seagullplayer

seagullplayer

Login to Send PM

Talk about things going your way!

I sure didn't see that coming...

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. amiller

amiller

Login to Send PM

The complaint about Tebow was that you couldn't win football games with that style of play. Here we have the seahawks and the 49ers playing that style of play.

Kind of makes me miss tebow.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. saint007

saint007

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If Tebow were any good, he wouldn't have been unemployed this past season. Especially, with the number of injuries to starting QB's.

I really wanted to see Peyton win another SB, but the best 4 teams this season were all in the NFC.

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was pulling for Peyton too, and with those offensive weapons, I couldn't see how it wouldn't have been a better game, but like they say Defense wins Championships and the Seahawks came to play..,congrats to all the Seahawks fans....as we say in New Orleans..."there's always next year"

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I was rooting for the Seahawks but I actually thought Denver would win. Unlike some, I enjoyed watching the game. Denver got smacked in the mouth by the 'Hawks D. Obviously some of the Broncos had the D in their heads before the game even started, evident by the first snap. The 'Hawks have that intimidation factor to go along with great talent. I love to watch a great D play a great game. They made play after play and took it to the Broncos. I wish they had gotten a shutout, that would have been historic. I'm no Manning hater, I really appreciate his talent and career, but he comes up small in big games. I give more credit to the D for this one though.

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I actually thought it was a highly entertaining game, despite the lopsided scoring. I couldn't have cared less who won -- but since Denver was favored to take it, I thought it was fascinating to see how they crumbled. Who knows what would have happened if that very first Broncos snap hadn't resulted in a score for the Seahawks? But then the interceptions -- which, I believe, resulted in scores each time -- and going into halftime 22 to 0. . . well, I think that it turned what was a game-play issue for the Broncos into a psychological issue. Apart from one string of plays in the fourth quarter, where they were able to make good, quick progress down the field, they had virtually no defense and no tackling.

I think they were so much in the "we're winning this one" mindset that they were helpless to recover when things immediately started going the other way. I mean, if you look at a season-long tally of the worst situations the Broncos had been in, their Super Bowl performance would be the nadir. They actually never played worse all season than they did in the Super Bowl, the game where it mattered the most.

For me, the only part of the event that was less-than-entertaining was Bruno Mars's performance. He was okay. Just not bowled over by someone who copies James Brown and seems to expect us to all be impressed. For me, the only spark of originality came with the Red Hot Chili Peppers showed up.

Bob

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The game was a dissapointment for me, but being an old codger Bruno Mars was ok, at least he didn't take off his clothes, do the Bayounce hunch and is a decent singer, don't know who does these shows but they are not for Middle America.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 5 years ago #
  18. av8scuba

av8scuba

Login to Send PM

+1 Brad. I was just telling my wife I'd like to see some Bluegrass and/or Tex/La cajun music for a change at half-time. I know it will never happen, but it would do my heart good. I don't even watch these new-fangled "musicians" anymore. I'd rather take the time to get another glass of iced tea and go to the bathroom.

-Old Codger In Training

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. saint007

saint007

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

20. terrygoldman123

terrygoldman123

Login to Send PM

I too, had no dog in the fight but expected a far better performance from the Broncos, Seahawks had a far better game plan and executed it so well that the Broncos could not off their collective sorry asses at all. Professional is not a word that applied to them at all. Horrible game.

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. User has not uploaded an avatar

plateauguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

[/quote]I was rooting for the Seahawks but I actually thought Denver would win.[quote]

+1 Sam

I was stunned that the Broncos couldn't pull it together, and actually cheered when they scored, even though I'm a Seahawks fan.

At half time we turned the channel to watch the Spruce Goose fly in the "Aviator", and missed a great run and score, but we were reassured that Howard Hughes knew what he was doing . . .

Except for the Budwiser commercials, the rest were a disappointment.

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. psychpipes

psychpipes

Login to Send PM

So since the consensus is the game was a letdown, let's go back in time a month and talk about college football and my Seminoles. That was a fun game to watch. Went to every home game for the noles for the past 7 years...Good to see the SEC fall in the last BCS game.

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. broth

broth

Login to Send PM

I thought the game was hugely disappointing. Part of that was probably because was hoping to see Peyton Manning get another ring before he retires. Really though I didn't care much about who won the game...I just wanted to see a GOOD game. I guess maybe if you are a die-hard Seahawks fan it was a "good" game. I think most of us neutrals were bored to tears. The game was over after the safety on the first snap of the game and the Broncos never looked like getting into the game. Even the commercials were a letdown this year.

That said, congrats to the Seahawks for an OUTSTANDING performance in all phases of the game. That was one of the most complete games I've ever witnessed by a team and without a doubt the best defensive performance I've ever seen. As much as people will talk about the Broncos collapse, the Seahawks need to be given their props. They obviously got a much deserved win.

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. colorduke

colorduke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

WOW is all I can say,not a fan of either team but who would of thought the Denver Donkeys would choke like that.

I will give up my pipe when they pry my cold dead fingers off of it!
    Posted 5 years ago #
  25. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Bronco's offensive line happened to them. I was pulling for Seattle, but not
    to win like that. It was hard to believe. I kept watching despite myself.

Posted 5 years ago #
  26. kcghost

kcghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One odd thing about the broadcast is they saved the best commercials for after the game was over. The Doritos commercial with the little girl riding a mastiff to the William Tell Overture (The Lone Ranger Theme music) was hand's down the best of the night.

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As soon as that safety happened twelve seconds in I knew that game was over. Denver wasn't able to mentally recover from it and it resulted in the most lopsided Super Bowl in about twenty years.

I think they need to reformat the NFL playoffs. No more of this one and done garbage. Go straight to the conference championship with a best of three series and then on to the league championship best of three series. That way there is a lot less luck involved.

Halftime was kind of lame. All the Red Hot Chili Peppers did was two minutes of "Give It Away". Whoever that Bruno Mars was lip-synced for the rest of the time. The game was so bad I was hoping they'd just call it and let the Peppers play for the remaining two hours.

The commercials were pretty bad. I guess since they spent $4M to get the slot they didn't have enough money to higher a decent marketing team to come up with decent commercials. Though, I have to say the Budweiser Best Buds one with the puppy and the Clydesdale was priceless.

Worst of all we didn't get a Richard Sherman blow up post-game interview.

I've learned one thing from this Super Bowl, the Puppy Bowl is a far better game.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  28. saint007

saint007

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OK, I confess. Yesterday, I watched a lot more of the "Walking Dead" Zombie Bowl Marathon than I did of any of the SB pre-game or game itself! I would have liked to have watched more of the game if it wasn't so boring.

Posted 5 years ago #
  29. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not a huge fan of either team, although I've always enjoyed watching the Broncos play. I have an old friend who has been a Seahawks fan his entire life. Me and all the guys used to give him flack and rub it in his face the Seahawks sucked lol. Well he finally got his payback! Lol! He's on cloud nine I would have preferred to see Manning and the Broncos win last night. But they played a sloppy game period. You can't blame the offense or defense alone in this game. Their defense couldn't stop the Seahawks. In fact on many plays it didn't appear they wanted to all that much. The offense couldn't make the plays they needed to make either. They couldn't move forward. You can't blame the offense, you can't blame the defense, you can't blame Manning... You can blame the whole team. They weren't there. They were obviously somewhere else. When I came to the realization that Denver just wasn't going to step up, I actually turned to the Seahawks, and thoroughly enjoyed watching them flat out embarrass the Broncos. And after last nights performance, the Broncos should be embarrassed. By not even putting up a descent fight, they let down a lot of fans.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 5 years ago #
  30. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They didn't show up?
    Switched channels just before half time. I really like Payton too.

Posted 5 years ago #
  31. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

There is no such thing as an equal competition. It's called the Illusion of Superiority.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

It sounds like I didn't miss anything..Once the NFL cast their lot with Michael Bloomberg, they lost me for good.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/04/nfl-hypocrisy-bloomberg-anti-gun-ads-ok-but-ad-about-protection-is-banned/

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Seattle's win wasn't a fluke. They spent time analyzing the Broncos' consistent, and for the most part predictable strategy, and throughout the game positioned themselves to counter it. By the time Denver caught on, it was too late to do anything about it because they were too solidly wedded to a strategy that had always worked in the past. An excellent analysis can be found in today's Wall Street Journal.

Eric
    Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   redglow, donjgiles, grilledokra, ashdigger, railman, alaskanpiper, sholto, anthonyrosenthal74, cigrmaster, redone, newportpipe