What Happened to Sutliff’s Count Pulaski?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I must have missed it, but what happened to Sutliff’s Count Pulaski?

I saw somewhere the Count had a name change to Kasimir. Can’t find the Count or Kasimir anywhere.

Did Altadis take over Sutliff’s Count Pulaski? Or did the blend just head over the cliff?

I admit, I am confused. Can anyone straighten me out on this. Please!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As far as I know, it's still sold in bulk as Count Pulaski. Finding it may be another thing altogether. You may try going to Sutliff's website, and asking them where you may be able to purchase it if there are no online retailers who sell it. Perhaps they'll have an answer for you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
http://www.lilbrown.com/p-22464-ccc-count-pulaski-16oz.aspx
Smoking Pipes lists it, but I see no way to order it from their web site. A phone call to them may be in order.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Sutliff/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=169671

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks, Jim. I saw the SP.com list, but like you could find no way to order. I'll give them a cal. Monday.
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day!

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
I might have a few ounces jarred in the back of the closet from a few years back. If you run into problems getting some I'd be willing to trade. PM me if you get to that point.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Well, I just dug it out and found only a few bowls worth left in the jar. I must've liked it more than I remembered. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Various Sutliff blends have disappeared over time, and I think a few have reappeared seasonally. The ones that I don't see are Westminster (not to be confused with the GLP version) and Balkan 957, and I think there were others. I think they must respond rapidly to lagging sales. I think some of their blends are quite good, both non-aros and some of their tobacco forward aromatics.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MSO489: Try Match Balkan Sobranie 759, and Match Dunhill London Blend for the two blends you mentioned. You'll find them very acceptable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks jiminks; I'll make a note. It would be good to experience those blends again. Actually, I have two tins of the Sutliff Westminster, but I'm not sure the Lat will have survived the aging. I'd definitely like to try the 759. Right now, for Balkan, I find C&D Super Balkan satisfying, but not much like 957. Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.