PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My guess is someone decided it did not fit with the forum. I only glanced at the thread once or twice and never participated.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Yes, merged with "back on form" or closed, both threads were fulfilling the same (useful) purpose.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Kevin wrote:

I deleted it as I thought it was crapping up the site. No offense.
Thank you!
After all, I believe there is a ‘General Discussion’ forum and yet people are somehow drawn to the ‘General Pipe Smoking Discussion’ forum to consistently start threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with its title. I can well imagine someone new coming to this site and glomming on a thread like that and wondering just what the hell is going on when they are searching the titles of the threads in that forum for information that is supposed to be about ‘pipe smoking’.
Don’t get me wrong as I’m most certainly all for some fun and distractions, but let’s try to keep things in perspective for those that happen to come upon this site for the first time looking for information. Sorry, but I own and run a forum site for about six years (not pipe related), and I know full well the pressure it takes to try and keep an even balance with trying to please everyone without offending any of the members. But... that’s just my take and perspective from someone on the administrative side of things as it pertains to a forum site. Most people seem to forget that most, if not all forum sites are FREE and the owner of one totally depends upon advertising to keep it up and running. That doesn’t work out too well if it becomes a playground and things are not kept in check to some degree. Believe me; at times, and more often than not, it ain’t all that f’ing easy to please everyone. :wink:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I don't believe I ever said, and or alluded to in any way shape or form as to anyone complaining.

I was just simply giving my support to Kevin's decision, and stating to what I believe what was his decision for doing so from my personal experience with owning and running a forum site.
Anyway... the beat goes on. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.