PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Does anyone remember the Knoxville Cigar Co., I think it was pipeforless.com? I noticed a few years back they suddenly disappeared. Just wondered if anyone here knew what went down.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
That article sums it up nicely. I live in Knoxville and remember them fondly ... it was nice being able to drop by and pick up anything I wanted at their B&M, as their selection was comparable to Pipesandcigars.com or any of the other large e-tailers. The bar/eatery was nice, but when the economy turned the whole thing went belly up.

As a side note, they had a great sideline of their own blends, made and packaged by Samuel Gawith including a unique oriental/Balkan flake that has simply disappeared from the market as well as some great VAs.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Doctorthoss, was it just the economy? Or the expansion you think? I loved their artisan pipes, I picked up my Colm Magner there which I love to this day.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
great sideline of their own blends, made and packaged by Samuel Gawith
Yup - they had a full lat flake made by SG that was excellent. They went under shortly after I discovered it . When I asked about it on Yahoo PS2, ended up getting 8 oz of this delightful blend as a gift from a guy I knew there who was from Knoxville. It's all gone, now, alas.

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
I was in there on a vacation to Knoxville. Very fond memories of that visit.
Wasn't the name of their blends Tavern Tobacco? I recall a Perique blend that was excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.