What Filters Work Best With Peterson Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was thumbing, or rather scrolling, through the Peterson catalogue and saw that a few of the pipes I have from Peterson are able to use 9mm filters. I was curious as to what kind works best with them? I know some guys don't like filters at all, but I'm thinking filters might help to curb my ginigivitis irritation when I smoke. So once again any advice on what filters work best with Peterson Aran series, I have a B5 and an 05, would be greatly appreciated.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I only find them listed on UK sites. Generic 9mm filters should work though. The Peterson filters are activated charcoal if I remember correctly.

jimmyg

Lurker
Apr 5, 2011
hey up lordofthepiperrings if you go on ebay and put in petersons filter it will bring them up,from the uk only tho,but i think you could use most 9mm filters, if your struggling i would be happy to get them from my end for you and forward them on for you

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Being new to pipe smoking, my question has probably been asked many times before. Do filters reduce the flavor and enjoyment of a smoke. There is no way I would ever want a filter on a fine cigar. So I can imagine that it might decrease the enjoyment of a pipe as well.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
In my experience, a filter inhibits the draw of the pipe....Since I savor an open draw I do not use filters.... :puffy:

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Just as I thought. Thanks hilojohnny and Lawrence. I'll never give it another thought.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
hey up lordofthepiperrings if you go on ebay and put in petersons filter it will bring them up,from the uk only tho,but i think you could use most 9mm filters, if your struggling i would be happy to get them from my end for you and forward them on for you

Yeah, any 9mm filter will fit the Pete filter pipes according to the literature I was able to find, doesn't have to be the real McCoy...I might be inclined to try Savinelli's 9mm Balsa filters (or better yet, find a 9mm balsa dowel, and go to town with a saw); from what I hear, they don't detract from the flavour of the smoke as much as the charcoal contraptions do.

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
I like and use filters, for me they stop or at the least cut down any tongue bite. I can smoke just about any virginia tobacco enjoying the flavors with my normal draw, and not have to wory about concentrating on small sips or getting bitten. I don't think I am loosing any of the flavors, but with my limited palate ability I will never for sure, don't tell me I don't want to know, I am happy with what I am doing.

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
Use the 9mm balsa filters. I use them in some pipes and they are fine. Forget the suggestion to make your own. That really would reduce your draw. The commercial ones have a corrugated edge. After each smoke I cut off the black end with scissors and wash and dry the filter. Some would say it is not worth the trouble and I can't disagree with that. Just try it, you might like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.