What Factory Pipes Do You Own More Than One Of The Same Make And Model?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
I know a lot of you own many artisan pipes and rare estates. However, with regard to say my Savinelli 111KS or 320, etc. I love them so much I'm thinking of buying multiples. I'd love to hear if you guys have done the same and what pipes you have multiples. Notwithstanding MM cobs....I have several country gents.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've got 45 Dr. Graboaws, mostly bulldogs and authors all estates. A dozen Peterson's bulldogs a system pipes.

I've got a Rossi Rubino author that I enjoy very much, inexpensive and I believe I'll purchase more Rossi's'

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I have both factory and artisan pipes in my collection. The difference, in my opinion, is an artisan pipe is more likely to be a great performer out of the gate. Of the factory pipes I've bought, I've found about a third just never deliver. That's not to say they're terrible, but they never perform better than mediocre.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Stanwell 32's, Dr. Grabow Royal Duke bulldogs, and Dr. Grabow Savoys. I have a number of Grand Dukes, but those are all different shapes. I would have bought a second Bruyere St. Claude Extra billiard, but they sold out first.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I have two Stanwell 240's, a blast and a smooth. I was going to do the same with the 199 but only got the blast, can't find the shape anymore.

stanr-1113-600x448.jpg

fvplug-600x448.jpg

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Savinelli 320KS. Bought o e about a month ago, a second one a week ago. They're great.

I will buy this Hilson any and every time I see one come up. I still just use the black one for my work pipe, but the design is my absolute favorite smoking size and dimension. I now have four. It was five, till my wife stepped on one that I had setting on the ground as I was changing the oil in my truck, dagnabit!

e62d7bc0-0e57-45ab-98c9-2d388d23292b_zpshpcvghch.jpg

May 31, 2012
REtwR6z.png
:mrgreen:

... kidding here,

I just wanted to make a hipster meme!

LOL
My factory pipes are mostly old British stuff,

Savory's, Parker, Finlay's, Orlik, Comoy 2nds, etc etc

May 31, 2012
Cosmic,

is that a pic from Tim's Capstan throwdown?
What a cool friggin' dude he is.
One of the trueblue goodguys without any doubt.

:!:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite pipe maker is Rad Davis, I currently own 19 of his pipes 16 were bought new and 3 were estates. The next most by another maker is 7 by Brian Ruthenberg. I have one new and 6 estates from him.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Idk which brands are considered "factory", but the only pipe I own which was made by a one-man op is a Mark Trinsky.
I have multiples of Dunhill, Ser Jacopo, Castello, Radice, and Peterson. None of them are redundant models, but I have several Peterson System pipes, all of which are crappy smokers, failing to deliver on their promise of a dry smoke, and on top of that they fill up with gobs of sick brown goop unless cleaned often (in all my years of piping I have never taken the stem off a pipe, just run a pipecleaner through when I'm done). I smoke my Dunhills regularly, along with the smaller Italian pipes. The larger Italian pipes are very pretty but hold way too much tobacco for me. If I smoke them at all it's a half a bowl at most.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Factory pipes, same make and model, for me would be Peterson bent brandy B11's, one Shannon and one Killarney; Stanwell bulldog shape 32, one Silke Brune and one smooth finish; and though not the same model, I have four unfinished Savinellis, a zulu 404, a billiard, a billiard panel stright saddle stem and a bent Dublin. I generally enjoy a well-made factory pipe and have a number, probably too many, including a number of French pipes which are excellent -- Chacom, BC, Vuillard, Ropp, Genod. One advantage with factory pipes is that you have a larger selection of lighter weight pipes, since artisans tend to want to make bigger heavier pipes that they feel they can sell at a higher price point. fishnbanjo has many superb smaller artisanal pipes to disprove this point, but I couldn't afford those!
Really interesting thread topic!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I collect factory made British pipes. In my collection the top names are:

GBD (18)

Sasieni (7)

Ashton (Taylor) (5)

Comoys (4)

Peterson (8)

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
The GBD 9438 Rhodesian is the only model I have multiples of the exact pipe. Smooth, sandblast, meerschaum, clear lucite stem, Digby branded. Otherwise lots bulldogs from Rinaldo and Castello, but none the same model.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I'm like Noah...I seem to like things in pairs.
Two Castello billiards (tho not the same model), two Radice Rind apples (one straight, the other 1/8 bent) and two Savinelli 673 's (one Monsieur, one Venere).
Only one wife, tho. Love her to the moon and back but, I have no idea who would want two of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.