PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I tried checking posts here and reading reviews on TobaccoReview but I haven't found a clear answer. Is Condor a lakeland? Aromatic? Virginia? I'm just trying to understand as to what exactly makes it "The Best Stuff Ever" in so many minds?

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I would say it's a slightly aromatic Lakeland blend. Good stuff but definitely an acquired taste. Not very many fence sitters with Condor, and Lakelands in general really. It's usually much hate or much love. Don't know for sure but my guess it's mostly Virginia tobacco, very heavily processed.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I've recently had it and liked it. I had the Ready Rubbed version, and the plug. Both good smokes in my opinion. Granted it's not going to be a hard player in my rotation, but I want to get my hands on some to keep around.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
lubricates squeaky doorknobs

polishes brass

fixes holes in boats or ceilings

makes a fragrant lotion or shampoo

get rid of roaches

great with steak or chicken

cured grandma's constipation

What isn't Condor?!
I recently purchased a lovely thorn shaped Meer from the man, the myth, the legend... Condorlover and he sent along a sample at my request of his smoking mixture of Condor and ODF. I must admit that at first it seemed the two were having a bare knuckle brawl in my mouth. Soon though my taste buds came to terms with the forceful molestation and were able to relax and enjoy it. It's actually a fascinating and intriguing mix. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but I could not stop thinking about it. I am looking forward to playing with it more and eventually trying it straight. I was under the impression is was topped Virginias but could be incorrect.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Hello,
I have been Pipe smoking nearly 30 years and Condor is the only Tobacco that I have ever smoked that I feel I could not live without. As others have said, it like all other tobaccos is not to everyone's liking. I think it is the greatest Blend ever created. Like the package says, break seal gently for that Condor moment, this is where the enjoyment starts for me. As soon as the seal is broken and the aroma starts to escape the package, I can hardly wait to fill my Pipe with this wonderful Tobacco. I guess that is part of the mystique of the blend, after you try it and realize you like it...then you know, that there is only one Condor.
Eric

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
It's a Virginia cased with some fruity concoction I believe and it is technically a Lakeland. My experience with it revealed a soapy top note at the very beginning of the bowl that quickly disappeared. The rest of the bowl developed and evolved into a BBQ meat with all the fixings type smoke and a heavy dose of lady nicotine. I've honestly never smoked anything quite like it and I enjoyed it very much. That being said I have to be in the mood for it and also must have a full stomach so as not to get the spins.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Try it and see where it falls on your personal Condor continuum.

Lol Even though Canada still pays homage to the Queen, condor isn't available here. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as while I do love Virginias I have never tried a Lakeland blend.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I've never tried it - and probably won't - but Daimyo's "experience" review and Falcon's loving tribute both made me smile. Your enthusiasm is contagious.
@Thefalcon: welcome to the forum, Eric.
Fnord

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Surprised condorlover hasn't chimed in on this one. From the way it sounds, I'm wanting to try it now.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Hello boys you knew it would only be a matter of time before I popped up. In answer to your question Condor is in essence the pipe tobacco of the gods. I will ruminate on the postings I see here and get back to you in due course after my dinner.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
@condolover1, I sent you a PM...would love to chat with another individual as crazy about this fine tobacco as I am.
Kindest Regards,

Eric

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Famous British Inventor Trevor Baylis has been smoking Condor since about the age of 20, he is now 77. I think it also helps contribute to a long life! LOL
Eric :D

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I Love The Stuff! But, be warned, if you get an erection that last more than 4 hours call for medical attention.(And every body you know to BRAG about it!) :rofl: ...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ok...I've been compiling a list of 'must have's' or must try tobaccos. Condor is certainly right there at the top, along with pretty much any blend by Esoterica, and some of the ropes...Strang?...

I got right into some pretty good tobacco early on with my piping since vitamin N was no stranger and I was able to tolerate the likes of JKP, Escudo, & Nightcap. (I should not say tolerate, since I really liked all of these.)

I've yet to try a "Lakeland" blend or some of the more exotic Aros....Molto Dolce?

So far, the only place I see that Condor may be available to me is @ Mr. Snuff?

Anyone got advice on obtaining these blends? Esoterica? Condor?

Status
Not open for further replies.