PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
I seem to remember that there use to be a pipe show in Charlotte, NC every year. If I remember correctly it ended a year or two after I moved to the area in 2000. Just wondering if anyone remembers it and knows what ever happened to it.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I went to the show a couple of times, once to work a table and the other as a spectator. That show was always a lot of fun. Tom McCranie of McCranie's Tobacco was the person that pretty much spearheaded the running of the show. I think that by 2000 he had just about had enough and I don't think that anyone stepped up to take it over once he stepped down.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The TAPS pipe show at the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh is April 11 from 9 to 4:30. It's not a huge event but it's lively.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
As to the Raleigh show.I just don't like to drive much these days,and it's about 3 hours away from my house.I went to the Charlotte show a couple of times back around 96 or 97.Someone drove me though he did insist that I pay for his lunch.As to what happened to the show I don't have any idea.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I wish I could make it to the Raleigh show, but it would seem Uncle Sam and his training feels that I need to be in Yuma AZ during the time. There will always be next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.