PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
I don’t consider myself as having a lot of tobacco. I do however have over 100 different tobaccos on hand. Generally speaking I have no more than a tin, or a couple of 2 ounce mason jars of any one choice. I have to admit that I picked up a few different Sutliff bulks since they were on sale. Does this make me an addict, or just someone who likes choices?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Interesting question, of where one draws the line between having enough tobacco and having too much. I think that if you look at your cellar and think you have too much, you do. Its not for me to tell you if its too much. Some folks on here would rip though my cellar in a month. It will probably last me for many many years. It is all relative.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
TAD is the conspicuous acquisition of ever more tobacco. It piles up in the corners and overflows the drawers.It stares at you from the counters while you eat breakfast. The amount that you have cellared bears no relation to the amount you carefully calculated to last into your dotage. Mored more more is the only rule you know.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
What does AD look like?

Well, imagine this.

You enter your house. Theres tobacco.

You open the cabinet to get a plate. There is Tobacco.

You get up in the attic to search some old stuff. There is tobacco.

You want to brush your teeth. There.is.Tobacco.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It's entertaining that, when one "googles" TAD, the first thing that pops up is the definition of the word as a noun, meaning a small amount of something...
jay-roger.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Interesting question popped into my mind. Did I experience more PAD or TAD in the first years of my pipe smoking?

I will say that MY pipe smoking is a recent development in comparison to a great many of our readers and have only been 'at it' for slightly more than 4 yrs.

I think at first I kept to my one corn cob and tried about 6 or so blends before I began to acquire estate pipes.

Now? It's all about the tobacco. I've got plenty of pipes and don't smoke most of them.

Actually, I've got a boatload of tobacco too, but for some reason, I still look to buy more.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Seeing as the link to peck's stash is a few years old, I only venture to guess it has grown to be substantially bigger. I honestly believe peck's cellar is better stocked than any B&M in my city.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I have maybe 7-10 years worth of tobacco and I turn 52 on Tuesday, (hint hint) so I don't think I've got too much put away. But when I look at it, as it's all pretty much in one place, I can see how it may appear to be an excessive amount to someone. It's beautiful. If I end up buying so much tobacco that I know I won't be able to smoke it all in my lifetime, I might admit to having TAD - maybe.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I have 6-7 months of tobacco at the most. Waiting for the sale whenever it is on, and then check what is in stock.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I try to have 3-5 unopened tins and 3-5 jarred for consumption at any given time. That's it, I'm happy to try new blends and my go to ones remain Director's Cut and Amphora Red. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.