PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
004-004-1980.jpg

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/ireland/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=119820
At $95 bucks, I am tempted to grab it myself. It's a weird looking pipe, but pretty unique too. I think I like it and if I hadn't just bought two pipes, I might have gone for it (still might!)
If you like, better grab it fast. I don't think it will stay around very long.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, that is an awesome pipe. I usually don't like straight pipes, but that one calls me. You better get click it before I do.

Dec 24, 2012
While I like silver I am not a fan of gold on a pipe (or on anything else for that matter). Other than that, I like the look of the pipe.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I hope someone from the forum grabbed it - if so, let us know!
While I like silver I am not a fan of gold on a pipe (or on anything else for that matter). Other than that, I like the look of the pipe.
Same here, but the shade of gold on this pipe is really rich looking and compliments the cumberland stem quite nicely. Kinda mad I didn't grab it, but at the same time, my PAD budget has been maxed for a while.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Wow, that's a nice pipe. If I saw that ten minutes ago I may have grabbed it. I just order a Sav in that price range.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I would have bought that.
Plain and simple. In fact, if someone here bought it, I'll pay them 20% more than the price they paid ;)

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I have this very pipe! I believe it was Peterson's Pipe of the Year in 1996 or 97. I bought it from eBay about 10 years ago and paid slightly less than the price listed. It's probably my favorite Peterson.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
don't mind gold. I don't care for gold plated though -- ends up wearing down and looking like crap.
I agree, cheap gold plate does wear down, but some plating can withstand a lot of wear - so I bet if you didn't handle it too much, would look great for decades.
I have this very pipe! I believe it was Peterson's Pipe of the Year in 1996 or 97. I bought it from eBay about 10 years ago and paid slightly less than the price listed. It's probably my favorite Peterson.
I have to admit, if I knew this bit of info, I might have jumped on it.
Now, I hope a forum member got it and if so, I hope you'll let us know. I actually posted it here because I was not planning on buying and I felt a member of this forum should get it.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Whew, I'm glad that was gone when I checked SP otherwise I would have been tempted to borrow from my Rad Davis fund.

Aug 14, 2012
That is a beautiful Pete. Congratulation to whoever snagged it. The gold Petersons are rather rare and quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.