PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I have the chance to get an unsmoked Pipa Croci "Quality Street" pipe for under $100. I am really trying not to buy pipes (not succeeding as you can see from my other thread) even though I have sold enough recently to afford it. It's a beautiful bent with lots of straight grain but I can't find much about them. Just a few old threads come up and that's it.
Does anybody have one? Would the price be worth it? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I have one and I like it a lot, also a quality street. The pipe is beautiful and smokes well. My only critique would be that I would prefer the draft hole be a little bit larger as it is on the narrow side for me.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
The few that I've seen, and the one that I've owned, all of them had nice wood and pretty shoddy fit and finish.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Good question. As far as I can gather, they made a big splash on the pipe scene back in the 80s(?), and prices were very hight for the better grained models, but they seem to have fallen out of favor. I don't even know if they are still being made or not. I started smoking in 2011, but some of the veteran pipesters would have a more info I would imagine.

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks for the replies. Still not sure if I should pop for this one. The shape, stemwork and grain are stunning to my eyes but without much knowledge of them, heck I can't find enough info to know if this is a good price for it, I'm hesitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.