What do you suggest as a good morning smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiker04

Lurker
May 23, 2011
I enjoy standing out on my deck with coffee in the morning. Any suggestions on a good tobacco for early morning puffing?

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree with Marc when it comes to a good burley, but I can't say anything good about the Cherry Blend... no offence that's a personal choice.
If you prefer and English blend then it's hard to beat Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe. If you like something a little sweet then you should give 4noggins bulk blend Double Fantasy.
IMO Sugar Barrel goes very well with coffee as well. :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I agree with Marc too. For me that's P.A. because it's mild enough for a starter, but it's flavorful

and goes well with coffee. After that I can handle more complex blends.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I would have mentioned Early Morning Pipe for an English blend as well since it's so popular and I've heard it's a lighter English blend and better for morning, hence the name. A lot of times for a morning aromatic I'll have a bowl of Sherlock Holmes by Peterson. It's a Virginia based blend with some Burley thrown in to cool down the smoke a little. Has a light casing of dried fruit, most say apricot, which carries over just right into the smoke for an aromatic. Not too overwhelming or anything.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I prefer to begin the day with a "codger burley" such as Carter Hall, SWR, Sugar Barrel, PA in a cob.... :puffy:

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
Noting better than a cup of coffee with a bowl of Early SUNRISE from SUTTLIFF

srharel

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
I am here with the English blend lovers (for that matter, any hour of the day), but I find them especialy better and more noticeable with the forst morning coffee (on the rare occasions I get to do so)

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Dunhills' Standard Mixture Mild or their Standard Mixture are two blends that I occasionally reach for first.
Burley London Blend goes well with the coffee I drink, and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is another of my choices for a first smoke.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
whatever i feel like. i do not reserve any blend for any specific time of day. i smoke all of them all of the time....

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I like to start my day off with something more subtle, warm my tastebuds up before I hit the big latakia blends or fry my sinuses with perique...as such, I tend to reach for Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Balkan Sasieni, or lately, MacBaren Vintage Syrian.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I start my day off with Aromatics as they usually go well with morning Joe.
Here are some my favorites:
4 Noggins - Three Blind Mice

H&H Klassic Burley Cake

JFH Treebeard

Pipeworks and Wilke Vermont Maple Cavendish

McClellands Mocha Black

Uhle's Wild Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.