PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
It really depends on my mood. I'll listen to anything from chanted Catholic Mass in Latin to heavy metal. The only genres I can't stomach are rap and hip-hop. Anything else is game.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I am the youngest child of three, grew up listening to 70's rock mixed with 50's Rock and Roll influence from my Dad. I had my own music in the 80's with Rock/Hair Bands/Metal/even early Rap. Much past mid 90's and I don't care much anymore.

I do like the standards from the 40'(Bing/Sinatra/etc.)and like jazz and some symphony.

But, it depends on mood really.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Rap and Hip-Hop has nothing whatsoever to do with music.
Other than that, I'll at times smoke in the garage if its too windy to smoke on the front porch. I open all the doors on my Jeep which has a nice sound system and listen to classical music, albeit at times some Rock or Jazz and of course... Sinatra.

Mar 31, 2014
Sigur Ros. They're very relaxing and they sing in Icelandic (is there a better word for their language?), so I don't get bothered by analyzing the lyrics when I'm trying to enjoy tobacco and peace.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I can listen to most anything. I grew up listening to the standard 70s rock bands - Led Zep, Aerosmith, plus Southern Rock staples like Lynard Skynard. But I also listened to The Beatles and lately, that's what I've been listening to a lot, esp their early years.
At the same time, I really like 1940s standards like Bing Crosby, Tex Beneke and others.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
I enjoy all sorts of music. In the car it's usually hip hop. When I go out to shows it's usually electronic dance music but I've had a blast at some country, punk and metal shows. Dinner time is often Sinatra. Thanksgiving to New Years is a lot of Christmas music. BBQs can be a good time for pop or classic rock. When I'm smoking it's usually jazz, classical, reggae or something along those lines, relaxing, like should be with pipe smoking. Recently though, I've just been trying to catch up on the PM radio show everytime I light up. I'm on episode 47. Good times.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Im sensing alot of overlap in the community hahaha~ Wonder why that is.

for me its punk, or alt country~ ska and some 60's and 70's rock.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Scandinavian Metal, Classical, Hardcore Punk, Surf guitar...whatever I listen to on any normal day is what I listen to while having a pipe. Nothing different.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Oddly enough, when I'm relaxing with a pipe, I normally read a book rather than listening to music. During my lunchtime lunting, I generally listen to an audiobook or a podcast.
When I listen to music, however, it's normally rock based - hardcore punk, rockabilly, ska, some classic AOR stuff, etc.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I tend to read and listen to the sounds of nature. When I do listen to music, it is satellite radio 40’s-era music, Bluegrass Junction, Outlaw Country, or Coffee House channels. One of my favorite things to listen to for over 30 years is A Prairie Home Companion. Try to listen every Saturday evening with a good pipe.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Six I'm with you on the Tex Beneke and the Modernaires! I was raised by my grandparents, they were born in 1911 and 1916! Myself 1972 while people my age were watching Little House it was Champagne Music for me! I listen to all genres except hip-hop and rap. 30's, 40's and 50's Big Band and Swing and 30's 40's and fifties Country ie Ernest Tubb and the Texas Troubadours, Bob Wills, Red Foley are my faves though. Still I was in a mosh pit at Woodstock 94. :clap:

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Im pretty partial to podcasts too, Im catching up with the PM podcast :puffy:, But I also listen to a podcast called

Fantasy fiction, its bacialy two dudes who write over the top fantasy stories every week hahaha.

snag

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
I enjoy listening to a baseball game on the radio while I smoke a pipe. I'm not a big sports fan, there's just something very relaxing about it. If I'm listening to music, its jazz.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
I listen to Johnny Cash or Hank Thompson Radio on Pandora. Seems to set the mood. But normally I listen to classic rock, I'm a Zep Head!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.