PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrose85

Lurker
Mar 23, 2016
I recently picked up a very nice looking affordable pipe at what stands to be the best tobacco store for 60 miles. As it happens, it's a wine store so that shows you how popular pipe supplies are in my area. I picked up a very nice looking pipe for $40 and wasn't too concerned about quality. Dr. Grabow can got for about $40 and those are popular enough. The pipe I got was one of the few that actually had markings on the heel of the shank. There are two variants of stamp depth so I'm assuming the like depths should be read together however this is done vertically instead of horizontal. In this manner it would read "S" with "541" below it, and to the right "D" with "C" below it. The two most common references I get are for Don Carlos or for Chamal "double comfort." I've researched both makes and they both would seem to be better quality than I have. Most brands seem to have their name stamped outright or have very specific insignia. So, does anyone know how to find out what I have?

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Yes, picture would help, but probably not me. Does said wine shop happened to be owned by mad Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.