What did you use to bring in the New Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I've been wondering all morning what other people used to smoke in their new year. For me, I was smoking in the house, so I went for a high quality aromatic to please the friends that were over.
I smoked some Frog Morton Cellar in a very nice Stanwell (it is an old estate, so I'm not sure the model, etc) just before midnight, and some CAO Black in my Bjarne Viking Classic (a Christmas present from my uncle) once the celebrations waned.
What did you guys have to bring in the New Year?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I was outside smoking my pipes around the fire pit with my brother and a bottle of scotch. I started around 9PM with some Gaslight, then moved on to a bowl of C&D's - Mountain Camp. I rounded out the evening with a bowl of C&D's - Epiphany which took me into 2015. All an all a great New Years Eve spent at home.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
My Davrin Blowfish morta pipe with a blend from my B&M called "Trumpeter" its a slight black cherry aromatic.. Just listening to the drizzle of the rain and the feel of the cool night air.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Peterson, Shannon bent apple smoking Scotty's Butternut Burley just off the flight line at an undisclosed location.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... just off the flight line at an undisclosed location.
Lol ... my buddy Paul went through the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA and then shipped overseas.

His postcards always started with, "Greetings from If-I-told-you-I'd-have-to-kill-you" :wink:
This morning I enjoyed a bowl of C&D Bayou Morning in a Phillip Trypis.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not a doggone thing at all, because of a chest cold finally resolving itself. But

I'm finally celebrating New Years Day 2015 with a good big bowl of C&D Epiphany

in a gift Nording freehand autograph pipe from friends in Sunnyside Queens, and

a second bowl of C&D Billy Budd in a giant freehand MM conical cob, one of three

pipe gifts (!!!) from my wife. Happy New Year ... at last. Great big bowls on these

pipes.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
L.J. Peretti's Yuletide in my huge Boswell poker last night.
Smoked some LJP BPC burley in the MM cob today. Enjoyed my day off..

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Not a doggone thing at all
Me either. As a matter of fact it's going on 2 weeks without so much as a bowl. Meanwhile I'm carrying 5 blends and a couple of pipes just in case I get the opportunity. Too much family around to light up!
I did however get to drink some homemade Mezcal.

Status
Not open for further replies.