PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
How did you spend Our Nation's Birthday?
Here's how my day went;

Me and the wife went to Harrison Bay State Park, where my parents were camped out. Me and my Dad hung American Flags all over the place, while my Mom and Wife grilled hamburgers.

Had a nice time at the cookout, lots to eat and cold Coca Colas to drink.
Then, me and the wife jumped on the Harley, and Mom and Dad on their bike, and we all rode through Chickamauga Battlefield.

Then we came back home and watched fireworks in the neighborhood.
After that, went over to my family's get-together and sat around a nice bonfire until the wee hours of the morning.
All together, it was a great American day!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Attended a short Independence Day Mass in the morning and then spent the afternoon and evening at a pool party. Enjoyed good friends, great food, and some new micro-brews.

Jun 4, 2014
Got up at 5:00 am to get the pork shoulder started and said a little prayer that the rain would stop (which it did). Then got the rest of the food ready for the picnic.

Family arrived and everyone enjoyed pulled pork and the other eats. Finished it off with a sour cherry pie my mom made. Then lots of talk til the war as I like to call it started, with all the surrounding neighbors trying to out do each others fireworks. They finally ran out of ammo around 11 and we retired for the night. The only sad thing was I didn't get to partake in a pipe. Made sure to rectify that tonight! Sitting on the deck now while the second battle is starting,

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Let's see ... oh yeah, I worked a 12 hour shift.
I live in a town which boasts the "World's Oldest Rodeo" and this year was the 127th annual.
On top of that, the town won a free fireworks display from "Destination America" via an essay contest.
So, as you can tell, I hardly missed out on anything. :roll:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
The Perique family picked blackberries* and blueberries. (*And i didn't get chiggers, which was a win.)
We also found out we have a trove of wild passion fruit growing down at the edge of the rear pasture.
No fireworks for us. Wasn't in the budget. But it sounded like a battleground up here on ole Sand Mountain.
In the evening, after a nice dinner, I smoked a pipe and drank Tennessee corn.
God bless America.

We spent yesterday morning getting our produce ready for the Farmer's Market this morning. And, then I cranked up the grill and smoker to barbecue a butt and continually flip, lamb, grilled fruits, hamburgers, and sausages off of the grill for friends and neighbors. There were six of us pipe smokers, and gaggles of kids roaming ammuck. Some brought wine and beer. But, we also had watermelons, ice cream makers cranking, minted iced tea, guitars and banjos. Fireworks, hooting and hollering, and then I had to wake up early to get the truck to the market this morning, set up tents, etc. Much tobacco was burned. :puffy:
4th2.jpg

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I listened to my Redneck neighbors blowing up dollar bills till 1:30 am and made ear plugs for the dogs .Really my neighborhood sounds like a Fairbanks and Morse hit and miss engine . I bet if I get up extra early and steal the beer cans out of the trash I can pay for a that new stereo I want for my truck .

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Spent the day with my Wife and my 1 year old. Introduced him to smoke bombs, he thought that was fun. I just moved to a new city from the country and my neighborhood sounded like a war zone. Sadly, my son couldn't sleep and was scared. His pops (me) had a little trouble because of the explosions too - a little post-traumatic stuff. Mom had to take care of the kiddo and none of us slept well. Big naps this afternoon all around though!

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Rode my bicycle (I try to avoid drinking and driving, especially on amateur nights) to a friends BBQ pool party but didn't get in the water. Shotgunned some beers, no I'm not in college, but the hostess still wishes she was. Shot some tequila- not a favorite of mine. Rode to another friends' to watch the fireworks. She has a chihuahua that spooked and took off. I chased it down a few blocks on my bike, man for a dog with such little legs that bitch got some wheels! When I finally caught her she pissed on me. Needless to say I went home, showered, and smoked a bowl while watching the neighbors finish off their fireworks.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
What I do every 4th of July and just about every other holiday....
Work!
And I'm getting pretty tired of it too!
412 days left to go.
Nice to hear others had a good time though.

Jan 8, 2013
Smoke about 8 bowls. Ate few burgers, watched the kids play with fireworks. They had a blast. I had mild tongue bite. Eh, not a bad day I guess.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I slept in until 10:30am. Got up and cleaned house for a bit for a party on the 5th. Then went to the in-laws for a BBQ. After about 2 hours at the BBQ I had to go into work for 4 hours 7-11pm. Not the way I wanted to spend the day. I didn't smoke one cigar or pipe and didn't have any alcoholic beverages either. :(

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Due to Hurricane (Arthur?) coming up the New England coast, all but the traditional barbecuing of burgers, hotdogs, steaks and chicken was postponed until the 5th, which was a perfect day weather-wise. We spent the day at the Hampton Beach and walked about historic Portsmouth, and in the evening enjoyed a great fireworks show.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Rescued a beagle puppy from a local shelter. Then spent Saturday in the ER because the wife took a puppy paw to the eye and they had to remove part of the upper layer of her cornea. She has been pretty much been in agony since then and we are getting ready for our 3rd trip to the eye doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.