PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I was able to improve my "cellar" with a couple of pipes and tobacco during 2015. The first picture is the beginnjng of January 2015, all the others, is what it ended up looking like at the end of the year. I was fortunate to get a tin of Edgeworth flake from the 80's, Dunhill my mixture "Xmas" from the 70's or 80's, Germain's Brown, HH Vintage Syrian 2007 and last I was gifted a tin of my favorite Dunhill Royal Yacht from the 80's which I will be opening this year on my 10 year marriage anniversary. I was also able to add a Series Jacopo Gem series pipe. Here is to another year of acquiring more pipes and tobacco.
January 2015

January 2016

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I really enjoy "cellar" threads. Eastern, those are some great additions!
Here's where I was circa May 2015:

20150727_213528-600x337.jpg

And this is current:

20160101_195645-600x337.jpg

Everything was purchased between May and October. I was able to add a good bit of Margate, as well as a few tins of Germains 1820. I have a few orders in transit, which will finally put me over the 5 pound mark.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Nice stash!
I picked up a few odds and ends, some '70's era St Bruno, some 1990's era Christmas Cheer, some early 2000's Pease - Ravens Wing, Stonehenge Flake, Bohemian Scandal, Renaissance, Robusto, Haddo's Delight, a few bags of Stonehaven, Penzance and Margate that sort of fell into my lap, and assorted odds and ends.
I'm not really looking for more at this point. I'm pretty well set.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I went from zero up to 30lbs last year. I will coast for a while now since I have a lot of stuff to try.
I'm sure that it would make a cool picture if I went to the effort to drag it out. It is in 4 cardboard boxes tucked safely in the basement.
I also think that it would be best if my wife did not see it all at one time.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Knowing I was going to retire and funds would be considerably less. I stocked up on 56 pounds of my favorite blends (35 different ones) and am now set...with the exception of Penzance.

May 31, 2012
2015 for me seems to have ushered in my proper arrival at true Codgerville,

as I've only for the most part been sticking with Irish favorites and stockpiling as much as I am able...
brh6N0B.jpg

pcyBVDA.jpg

zEQ0Gzi.jpg

ACVJqj5.jpg

w5UtBJU.jpg

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I really didn't add much this year in terms of my cellar, I plan on remedying that this year though, I spent a lot of time collecting pipes and I'm switching this year to acquire more tobacco for long term. Going to organize my cellar a bit this weekend though and I'll snap a couple pics to post here.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jeez, MLC,
That's a very nice stash of good smoke! The British Government must have been able to retrofit Windsor castle on the tax you paid for that stash. Nice that you got some Highland before it went bye bye.

May 31, 2012
:P

The Irish govt. mostly...
...cannot wait for the reintroduction of St. Bruno to our shores in a couple of months!
(hopefully it will all be as it should be)
...Highland Sliced,

yeah a shame it got discontinued,

I only got to smoke a couple of pouches...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-match-made-in-heaven-highland-sliced
:puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's a killer stash of some classic favorites right there, misterlowercase, which in my humble view is how to built a comfortable cellar.
Nate, looks like you're well-prepared for winter. That should last you until spring, am I right?
Stan, good point about the wife. She must never see. Although if she does see, it must be orderly and look well cared-for.
Sable, contentment is a hard thing to achieve. Nature seems to dislike it as much as a vacuum. There is always striving. But maybe not in tobaccos, when one has what one likes and can shut out the world for awhile.
E.T., I like how orderly everything is. The necropipe gives it some character too. Also looks like big heaps of deliciousness.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
:rofl: I say that ALL the time! :rofl:
Yeah, I know. But the fact is I've collected quite a pile over the past several years and I find that my consumption has dropped to a fraction of what it was. I could go 15-20 years on what's packed away in the closet as it is and I have no reason to believe that I'll be around that long to smoke it. Time to waste money in other areas.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
Before

6ND8b8.jpg

After

bi8HbL.jpg

Goal for 2016 is to distill the current 98 represented blends to a couple dozen with long term cellaring in mind. This was my first year of being a "serious" piper, and I went about it like a fat kid at a buffet without adult supervision.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sable, I'll also weigh in on the side of enjoying some favorites over going acquisition-crazy. But there can never be enough OJK, know what I mean?
Dadgy, looks like a fun project, tasting all 98 and savoring them!

Status
Not open for further replies.