PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So I was talking to my brother and he asked me 'What did Graham Chapman smoke?' I just spent the last hour looking through Google to find an answer but couldn't find anything. So anyone have any idea? Also as per the posts title... what did other famous figures smoke in their pipe?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
There was an intersting thread about famous pipe smokers and their blends a few months ago. You may want to use the search function to find it. As I recal it was a fairly long and intriguing list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bet there are some historical relics that would identify the exact brands of many famous pipe smokers, old pouches

or tins in their belongings at their historical homes or in museums with their personal effects. Whether what was found

after they were gone was just a residual of something they didn't like and didn't use up, or typical of what they always

smoked would be a question. But I bet a lot of evidence survives. I bet there are old boxes of Churchill's cigars, or

boxes he emptied. Maybe some receipts from tobacco purchases of William Faulkner or even Stalin or MacArthur. I

suspect many of these people smoked what we would regard as pretty ordinary tobacco, for availability. Also, I think

there were many pipe smokers who did not choose to be pictured smoking, but enjoyed the habit.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
There was a thread awhile back about Einstein's blend. Revelation, I think it was. I, myself, am related to the poet Byron Herbert Reece and recently visited the Reece Society Museum in GA. I found out he smoked a pipe on occasion, but alas, there was no mention of his blend(s) of choice. Pity, I would be very interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.