PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Lit up my cob while working in the barn, the rain hasn't stopped but it hasn't bothered me much. Just have to be careful to not get any horse manure on the pipe. :puffy:

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
What are you packin?
I prefer a lat blend when I work outside, but I don't have a barn. Was workin on my car in the street one day, had Shortcut to Mushrooms packed in a small bulldog. Rain came, I stood under my smoking tree in the front yard and watched it. When the rain passed, I went back to work.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Feel free to send some of that rain our way. It was 104 yesterday here. But I can agree that a good pipe on a rainy day is about as relaxing as it gets.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I prefer my better blends for when I can sit and enjoy, so I packed some Sutliff Bacchanalia, not my favorite but it has hit the spot for sure.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Interesting and somewhat unrelated sidenote regarding the name of the blend you are smoking:
I googled the term "Bacchanalia" thinking it was "Baccy" related. Turns out it refers to Drunken frivolity and is named for the Roman god Bacchus(Dionysus in Greek) who was the god of Wine, partying in general, and madness.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Not quite so unrelated, it has a wine flavoring...which is why it is not one of my preferred blends, but it was also a free sample, so I won't complain. It at least smokes well in my cob, but it won't go in any of my briar pipes.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Agreed about a rainy day. Overcast here, rain coming later or tomorrow for sure.
What better way? LOL To order another pipe!
Just ordered a Peterson System P-31 billiard(?)(Still sorting out the styles) with a p-lip. Tried the p-lip on an estate bent I bought through P & W and I was fine with it.
This was advertised as one of Peterson's small pipes - may suit me just fine, because I don't always want a big bowl in one sitting, unless watching a movie.
Hopefully, the pics will display.
P-31-1.jpg

P-31-2.jpg

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
You are absolutely right, there is nothing better then enjoying a peaceful smoke with the pitter-patter of the rain. :puffy:

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
My family knows that when it's starts raining, I'm heading for the front porch to enjoy a pipe and the rain. It's honestly one of my favorite times to smoke. :puffpipe:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Pretty miserable in Bethlehem PA, where I'm at tonight. Fortunately, they have a great cigar bar, "The Wooden Match" (where the Allentown Club Meets). I hung out there for the eveing, dry, warm and good live music, what a treat.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I wasn't sure about Bacchanalia the first time I had it. The flavors were a bit strong right out of the tin, bit as it sits out it mellows a bit. Now I find myself smoking it more and more. Once it dries a bit, the chocolate flavor comes out and the wine (though, I thought it was more fresh red grape than wine) drops into the background.
I quite like it now.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Al- We got hit by some of the worst parts of that storm it was a massive amount of rain, I'm in NW PA.
oklansas- Yeah mine has sat for at least two months since I first tried it and the time was definitely good to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.