What are your plans for St. Patty's Day?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Well, tomorrow is St. Patty's. I will be celebrating by drinking Guinness on tap throughout most of the day (Im off the next couple days), listening to some Irish bands at a local bar, smoking my pipe out on the bar patio and perhaps some good corned beef and Irish Whisky to end the night.. What are your plans for tomorrow? Hope everyone enjoys the day and happy smoking everyone!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Doing it now, 16 yr old Laguvalin,St Patricks Day pipe,10 yr old Nitecap, Born in 1943 March 17, Dad in Navy, was in his Blues The first time he held me and I peed all over them. Been a good life, raised 3 good kids. I"m ready.

Aug 1, 2012
I'll be working from 7 am until 10 pm. Only break I'll get is to eat dinner.
By the way, happy birthday Bradley.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Irish car bombs and a couple friends are coming over to play left for dead. Not exactly the most exciting evening but I'm sure it'll be fun.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
For all you fellow Irish Cat-o-licks, tomorrow you are exempt from Lent. I did not know this until out of sheer desperation realizing I'd given up alcohol for lent and looking for a loophole I came to find out that it's okay to break lent for the day. http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/holidays/st_patricks_day.htm
I also found out you are allowed to break lent on Sunday's http://catholicism.about.com/b/2008/02/29/reader-question-should-we-fast-on-sundays.htm
This resulted in me having too many beers after midnight last night and being too tired for Mass in the morning :{ Oh well, this is what confession is for.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Haven't yet made any plans, but the weather forecast is a good one and I know something spontaneous will come up and it'll be a fine day for the wearin' o' the green, not only for those of us who are Irish, but for all the rest who'll be Irish for the day ...

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Unfortunately I have to work tonight, so I'm doing a little celebratin' this morning.

2011 HH Highland Blend in a 2013 Peterson St. Pat's and a cold beer! Top of the mornin' to all!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@Bradley, you could hardly pick a better whisky. Lagavulin is my favourite Islay malt. Have a great day!!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Happy birthday, Bradley! T'is a fine day for a birthday! I'll toast you tonight with a nice glass of Jameson.
We had our St. Patty's dinner last night, my Danish/German wife can outcook my Irish mother anyday when it comes to corned beef. When I asked her how she did it so well, she just smiled and said, "The Irish are part Scandinavian you know. That's why there's red hair."
Happy St. Patricks Day Everyone!

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Gonna try to hit a few antique shops and then spend a couple of hours in one of the several local Irish taverns... if we can get in. Most set up outdoor tents to help handle the SPD crowds but even at that, you gotta get there early to claim a spot. This will be my first year as a smoker.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
My campaign plan is to smoke six different Irish blends in six different Peterson pipes. I'm half-way through and well on track!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For lunch, fish, sheepshead, I think. A mid-afternoon Irish coffee using recipes and pointers from Forums

members on concocting said drink. For supper, pork tenderloin. Didn't want my wife to get into making

corned beef from scratch. She'll undertake any cooking or baking projects at the drop of a hat. Maybe a

movie, at home or out, later.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Might be going out downtown after work (I already work downtown), so I brought my 2014 Peterson St Patrick's Day 264 and some university flake to work today. If we don't go out tonight, thinking of stopping by the store to stock up on some guiness and enjoying the pipe at home.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Tonight I'll try my first bowl of Virginia flake in a new pipe. Thought about painting the pipe green.
Tomorrow night I'll be entertaining at a local nursing home, telling a few Irish jokes, playing guitar and singing a few songs badly, even have a cheap plastic green hat for the occasion.
If I still drank I would have a green beer, but I don't so drink one for me if you care to.

Status
Not open for further replies.