PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have yet to try anything from C&D and am anxiously awaiting for Autumn Evening to either A) be in stock at P&C or B) finding it at Iwan Ries (according to there website it is available for online order.) So I want to know what the favorites are out there. Thanks guys!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hawk: pm me your address. I've got Autmn Evening bulk in an open jar. Smoking it now as a matter of fact. I'll bag some. But patience is advised. I may not get it out until mid next week.
Besides that, Sunday Picnic, Burley Flake #3! RedCarpet and Opening Night are my favorites.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
If we're sticking just to C&D blends (not GL Pease, Two Friends, etc.) then my favorites are:

Old Joe Krantz -- possibly the best "all day" smoke on the market. Perfect balance, strength, and smoothness. I smoke more of this and Carter Hall than any other tobaccos.

Autumn Evening -- awesome aromatic.

Pennington Gap -- a semi-aromatic loaded with perique that's nearly as good as Autumn Evening,

Exhausted Rooster -- a delicious Va-Bur-Per flake with some kind of sweet topping that really brings out the natural flavors. A classic.

Epiphany -- A re-creation of Revelation. This stuff is smooth, tasty, and a great all-day smoke.

Briar Fox -- One of the very few straight VAs that I cellar. This is unusually savory as opposed to sweet.

Opening Night -- A more traditional VA. Sweet reds and brights pressed together into something special. This is as good as Full Virginia Flake, IMO.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
I liked every blend I have tried from them. Sunday Picnic, Exhausted Rooster, Opening Night, Pennington Gap, Afterhours Flake.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
USS Mason

Epiphany

Mississippi Mud

Gentleman Caller

Montford Point Marine

Cordial

Americana

Pirate Kake

Herman's Own

Elegant Emu

Junkyard Dawg

Bow Legged Bear

Crooked Lane

da Vinci
Just to name a few.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
My top 5 in no particular order...
Black Frigate

Bow-Legged Bear

Mississippi Mud

Tuskegee Airman

Afterhours

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Being a burley fan I really need to try some C&D blends as I have heard they have probably the best burley's out there.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention why. I like that their tobacco leaf is higher quality and they don't use any glycol so the blends are a bit drier making them smokeable, for me anyway, right out of the tin.

ckquatt

Lurker
May 31, 2012
I really love Blockade Runner. I think it's the whole cutting the plug thing. Haunted Bookshop, I didn't really care for. It smelled to much like cigarettes to me, bit really hard, and was just all around awful. Kajun Kake is tasty IMHO. Those are the only ones I've had at the moment.

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I've only tried three so far as I can remember and they are really good
Old Joe Krantz

Mississippi Mud

Billy Budd
Actually, I tried Junkyard Dawg and though it tasted good, something about it didn't agree with me. Forgot about that one

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Autumn Evening hands down favorite. I still want to try their Exhausted Rooster. It may be more appropriate for my age.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Burley Flake #3 is very good (reasons: delicious and nic is more like a powerful jab than a full on punch). And I am fully in love with Three Friars. Someone on TobaccoReviews called it a glorified OTC but, damn it, I just find it so satisfying. It leaves me feeling warm like contentment. I also read that it is related to Old Joe Krantz so I am looking forward to giving that one a shot down the line too.
Good luck and have fun exploring the C&D universe of tobaccos!

Status
Not open for further replies.