What Are You Wearing in Public Today While Smoking Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Okay if you haven’t already guessed it by now… I can be somewhat of a smartass from time to time. My friends like to refer to it as a shoot or be shot at mentality.
I’m starting this thread in honor of a past thread where we were all told we should dress better while in public smoking our pipes so that the general public would look upon us in a more positive way… so with that in mind, I mean this in fun so please enjoy!

KungFuPandaReview1.jpg

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Phil... I was thinking of you when I started this thread.
I'm in and old sweatshirt, jeans, faded ball cap, and grass stained work boots, oh yeah and I haven’t shaved since yesterday morning.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Beat up old jeans, Nascar #48 hat, Doc Martin black storm trooper boots and a University of Chicago T-shirt.( for all my liberal friends) of which I have none. Just thought I'd throw that in there. This is a great thread!!!!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Either blue jeans and a flannel shirt or carhart type bibs and a flannel shirt. OR a sport coat and casual slacks.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Today's ensemble is particularly lovely given I've been working on some home improvements and mowing and stuff all day.
Lessee...from the ground up.
Old New Balance running shoes, nylon basketball shorts, an old ratty t-shirt with paint, and wood glue and grease, and god knows what else, stains (sans sleeves) and a backward Kansas City Chiefs hat.
Oh and I haven't shaved in several days.
I hope I smell better than I look or my beloved bride is likely to take me outside for a hose bath like the dogs.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
My smoking jacket and silk pajamas are at the cleaners, and I find an ascot to be a bit stifling in the TX heat, otherwise I'd be more appropriately attired.
I will say my costume of the day is a bit embarrassing, what with the KC Chiefs hat and all. But I'm a loyal fan...albeit a fan whose loyalty has been well tested over the last 5 years.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Guys… I glad you like this thread.
Phil… I need to get me a hat like Uncle Jed’s.
Oppie… My friends call me JC, and I remember your NASCAR hat from the previous mentioned thread… thank you friend.
Jonesing… I’m a Browns fan so I feel your pain and then some.
Lawrence… I hope you and yours made it through the storms safely and that you were able to store up enough solar energy before the clouds rolled in.
I didn’t have a picture to post on me kneeling in fancy black PJs so I chose the one of Kung Fu Panda, and now I’m half tempted to make him my… oh hell why not!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys,
Power blinked a few times and went out for just a few moments.

The chickens still have their feathers.
Looks like the race will be on tomorrow down the road.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I'm glad you made it throught the storms Lawerence. It looks as though it will be my turn today.
To answer the original question, cheap blue jeans from Wally World, either a pocketed tee or snap western shirt, Wellingtons and a ball cap with some trucking company's logo. For real dress up, I switch to my Guinness cap.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Old jeans, bare feet, Fender guitars T-Shirt. Jimmie Johnson Foundation hat. Its race day!

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Khaki shorts, Old Arizona State sweatshirt, and my old sweat stained Titlist cap... oh yeah and barefoot.
Surfmac… I’m jealous of your fishing plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.