What Are You Smoking on the 4th? US Pipe and Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah this is a cross between the "happy 4th of July, and what are you smoking today" threads. But I was just curious if todays date made you choose something specific.
I went for an nice old Heritage Heirloom lovat, with a little Russ O's Tasty Kake. Take that Dunhill and Penzance! :nana: (no offense to members not in the States, after all you're here because you smoke a pipe, and that's the important thing on this forum.)
img_0924-600x427.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Plan on busting out the Bruce Weaver fugu blowfish with a bowl of McClelland's Yenidje Highlander after dinner.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hadn't even thought of it that way. Lemme see, I am smoking some McClellands Frog Morton Cellar, but in a Rossi Palermo zulu. Maybe I'll have another bowl of Russ O.'s Log Cabin in a MM cob, if time permits.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A Scotty Piersal pencil followed by a Ryan Alden author loaded with Bengal Slices. So you've got an original 13 stater (Std. Of PA), Texas and MidWest represented from the shores of Monterey Bay.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Ironically, I smoke what I call "English" blends in predominantly Dunhills and Barlings right here in the Colorado Rockies. Whoops!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Most of pipes have all followed the rules and are "legal" immigrants as are most of my blends. My MMs were born in the US and are indeed "'merican" pipes.
My Russian born pipe was legally admitted to the Country by US Customs as "a dead piece of wood" not infested. So it possesses the proper paperwork to be here but, has not taken any "citizenship test" nor exhibited any interest in becoming a citizen. It prefers to remain Russian while enjoying the benefits and satisfying the obligations of "legal status" in America.
So, to answer the question: "No, nothing special with the pipes on this glorious Independence Day!"

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dunhills are only good for aromatics. I just finished a bowl of Speakeasy Navy Blend in a bent MM Mark Twain while mowing the lawn.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Bothy Flake for me today. No reason, just the tin I've been working through.

Sliced some PH Curly Block for my evening porch time. Happy Independence Day.

Jun 4, 2014
I thought about having a cigar, but it never happened. I spied my oldest Boswell sitting on the rack, I grabbed it and filled it with C&D Bayou Morning. Now sitting having a smoke while listening to the sounds of fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.