PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I love to read, either books, blogs, newspapers, websites, forums, ect. I love to learn or have my mindset challenged. So, fiction or non, what are you reading?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just finished Herman Wouks 2 books about before ,during, and after WWII, Winds of War,&and War and Remembrance. Am now on his Israel sequel Book called Hope.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I just finished Anansi Boys by Neal Gaiman. I'm currently reading a Joyce Carol Oates short story collection and The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Death's Bright Day by David Drake. Hot off the digital presses.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Nate: I'd never heard of that book. I looked it up and thought it looks quite interesting!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's one of my all time favs. I refer to it often as you can see by all the bookmarks. I relate to it profoundly. It's a quick, profound, easy read. I HIGHLY recommend it! It's a collection of stories so it's not quite so linear, but if you like that sorta thing it's brilliant!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have been reading books by Laurie King, about Mary Russell, Sherlock Holmes wife. They're an interesting take on Holmes as a married man with a wife many years younger than him. She's a good match for him, and the books deal with their adventures around the world in the early to mid 1920s. As far as I'm concerned, they are well written and interesting, but not suspenseful page turners. Holmes does plenty of smoking too. Just fun reads while smoking the pipe.
Yeah Duane, I'll have to read that one too, but I had no idea that a book was written on the making Black Frigate tobacco... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.